We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Biltmore House in cold weather

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Biltmore House in cold weather

Planning our first visit at end of December. Temperatures are predicted to be in the 40's. Will we have to wait in lines outdoors? What do we do with our heavy coats?

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,045 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Biltmore House in cold weather

Reece, I hope the Asheville folks will chime in. I don't know the answer to your question, but I am sure that Biltmore has something worked out for you. December is one of the most popular times for visiting so I'm sure folks figure out something to do with coats.

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Biltmore House in cold weather

Your ticket is for admission within a specified window of time, which is intended to minimize the waiting in line. However, you have to take a shuttle from your parking space to the House and you will want to walk around the grounds a bit if you're not visiting at nights. so you'll want outerwear appropriate to the weather. I am not aware of a coat check in the House.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Biltmore House in cold weather

Thanks You!

4. Re: Visiting Biltmore House in cold weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17