We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel recommendations

Maryland
Level Contributor
432 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel recommendations

I'm trying to plan a sort of last minute trip for me and my bf for our anniversary at the end of March. I'm a little confused about the best area to stay around Asheville. My plan is to be in Asheville for 3 nights. We definitely want to go to Biltmore and maybe Craggy Gardens and Chimney Rock State Park. We also would like to be close to restaurants and will want to spend some time in the downtown area but I'm not sure if we should stay in the city or just drive in when we want. Since it's our anniversary I'm hoping to get a decent room and some perks would be a balcony, view, or jacuzzi. I would like to keep the room under $200 a night, although I might go a bit higher if it seems worth it. Can anyone think of a recommendation for a hotel or even just an area for me to look in?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

Why not rent a cabin in the area. Try vrbo.com for cabins.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

The two special places that come to mind are the Grove Park Inn and the Inn at Biltmore, both of which might be over your budget. The inn at Biltmore is convenient to Biltmore Village, Hendersonville, the BRP, and fairly convenient to downtown. In the downtown area, I have heard good reports on the Hotel Indigo. I have stayed at Cedar Crest Inn which is more like a B&B, but might be just the ticket for a special occasion

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,054 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

I would consider the Black Walnut Inn. We spent a weekend there last year and it was just perfect.

www.blackwalnut.com

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

Yeah, Biltmore and GPI would be in the 300-600 range per night. For being right near everything, consider ALOFT hotel on Biltmore Ave or Haywood Park Hotel or even Indigo if it isn't crazy. But, end of March and Spring Break would bring rates higher. Downtown Inn on patton would be more budget-friendly.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
5 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

The cabin rental idea is a good one. We rented a cabin from Willow Wind Cabins near Asheville (7 miles away from downtown). We rented one of the larger cabins for 6 people, but they offer smaller, more romantic cabins.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

Okay, the Blue Ridge Parkway is closed north of the exit at Bull Gap. I am not sure when they are going to get it open because they are working on the road. SO check the BRPKWY website for closures because you will not be able to get to Craggy Gardens if it is closed. The Cabins at WIllow WInds is a good suggestion. It is close in on the southeast side of downtown, but near the Blue Ridge Parkway. You also may want to check out the Sourwood Inn. It is off the beaten path, north east of town. Because of the windy mountain road to get there, the 10 miles to town will take you 20 minutes to get to downtown. This may be your cup of tea though. Also, if you are interested, many of these places offer Biltmore Packages. Their tickets are good for 2 days instead of only one. Good luck!

7. Re: Looking for hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 07:19