We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfalls info

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
171 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfalls info

Ok - another question, I thought I'd pose here. Brevard - doesn't seem many post on their forums. We are actually coming over from Mooresville and thought about going a southern route thru Charlotte/Gastonia over to Brevard intstead of going up thru Statesville/Hickory -- I've been doing some searching on the web for things that are out that way and found there are a bunch of neat looking waterfalls around that area. Has anyone visited these? Can you drive to them, or is a lot of hiking involved? I read there was one you can drive thru - for real? Sounds like some great photo opts if this is so. I'd appreciate any info (I know its not Asheville) - thanks!

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfalls info

Highway 64 from Hendersonville west is waterfall country. You usually have to park your car and walk to the falls. Many are an easy walk - some more strenuous. I think you can get waterfall guides at the visitor's centers in H'Ville and Brevard. Best wishes.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfalls info

Brevard is know as the land of the waterfalls. Dupont State Forest has numerous waterfalls such as Triple Falls, bridal veil falls. Go to www.dupontstateforest.com and click under 'explore' to see each waterfall and some information. This is my kind of hiking...very easy! It really is a beautiful area.

Michigan
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterfalls info

Also try ncwaterfalls.com. Looking Glass Falls 6 miles north of Brevard on hwy 276 is a must do. Its right on the road. Good luck.

4. Re: Waterfalls info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 13:19