We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Indigo or Aloft

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Indigo or Aloft

Planning my August trip. Booked a few nights at Biltmore and then wanted to more to downtown area so we can explore, drink and dine within walking distance. We are looking for an hotel with a great view - thoughts on my two picks. Thanks

Also looking for an anniversary dinner. Should we eat the Biltmore while there or wait and enjoy one of the restaurants in down.

Do u need reservations for drinks on patio on GPI -- possible dinner there???

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Indigo or Aloft

Indigo would probably have the best views if you can get a top floor room. It is in a good location downtown within walking distance of everything. There are hundreds of great restaurants downtown. Maybe you can narrow it down by cuisine? I would recommend making reservations for Sunset Terrace or anything at Grove Park Inn. It is always busy. Be ready to pay as you'll get charged for parking and a lot of the charges for drinks and food are crazy.

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Indigo or Aloft

We actually prefer the location of the Aloft. Have stayed in both, both are good, and both offer good views if you have a room that is high up.

As far as dining, there are many nice restaurants in downtown Asheville. Try Limones.....

3. Re: Hotel Indigo or Aloft

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:16