We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
High Point
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

Can you give us scenic but quick route directions from Atlanta GA via RT 575 N to Asheville NC?

We plan to leave Wed 8/13 at 10 am. How long would it take? What would be a good midway point to stop for lunch? We need to arrive in Asheville by 3pm. THANKS!

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

I-575 becomes 515. It becomes 515/76 in Blue Ridge, Ga.

Just outside of Blue Ridge turn left on 60 toward Mineral Bluff.

At MB turn right on spur 60. Go into NC. It deadends into 74. Right on 74/19 east through Murphy, Andrews. Continjue on 74/19 E down the Nantahala gorge. Riverside restaurant is a great lunch spot along the river at Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC).

Continue on 74 E through Bryson City, Waynesville. Merge onto I-40 East to Asheville.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

Google maps says 3 hours 39 minutes driving time.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,916 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

We take that route but cut over from Blue Ridge stopping around Hiawasse, then going over thru Highlands as we like the waterfalls there. It comes out near Franklyn. Look at www.mapquest.com or google maps to see the suggested routes.

High Point
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

Thanks...your route is closest to what was suggested by a colleague.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

575 to Asheville? Why?

Go 85 to 985/365 toward Gainesville and then the road continues on as 441. Clayton GA is halfway. Lots of restaurants in the Clayton/Dillard area. Continue on to Asheville via Franklin.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

yes.....We drive often from Marietta, GA to Asheville...always use the route mentioned by onemoreroad...but the question was using I-575

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

The "quick route" caught my eye and the 575 route isn't a quick route to Asheville from Atlanta. Even friends living in Woodstock/Kennesaw opt to go the 85 route over heading up north via 575.

The 85/365/985/441 route is definitely the one I prefer.

8. Re: Quick route from Atlanta to Asheville, NC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 05:18