We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentine's Day good time to visit?

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texarkana, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Valentine's Day good time to visit?

Ice storms in Texas cancelled our romantic trip to San Fransisco. Always wanted to tour Biltmore Estate. How is the weather in early February? I don't want to worry about ice again.

Also, which nearby hotel is the most romantic?

Michigan
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentine's Day good time to visit?

Weather will be 50 during day and 28 at night. Forget a hotel, rent a cabin. Get one with a view and a hottub. Try this website for renting vrbo.com. Whats more romantic then watching the sun come up in a hottub over looking the mountains?

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentine's Day good time to visit?

I don't know if I would count on it being 50 degrees - February is an iffy month....but I do think the cabin ideas is a good one. If you are just coming for a weekend you may want to consider a B&B in Montford or close to downtown or the Haywood Park hotel which is right downtown.

Michigan
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentine's Day good time to visit?

Average high and low for Asheville on Feb. 14th is 50 and 29.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentine's Day good time to visit?

Too bad about San Fransico...that was one of the best vacations that my husband and I had. If you get back to it, I would suggest trying to plan another trip during a safer weather month. :o)

You will Love Asheville though. The weather is unpredictable in February, but for the most part when it snows here it is gone the next day. You get the beauty of snow with out all the hassel of it. :o) Do you want to do anything while you are in Asheville other than the Biltmore Estate? If you plan to visit Biltmore you could stay at the Inn on Biltmore . The rooms are pricey, but very nice. They also have shuttles that will take you around the estate. If you plan to walk around downtown then a nice B&B in Montford would be a great suggestion.

I hope i was able to help...Enjoy your trip and let us know if you have any other questions.

5. Re: Valentine's Day good time to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 02:16