We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

Hi,

I am visiting Boston for a few days with my other half (14-17 April), but can't seems to find any rooms at all the back bay hotels! Is there a public holiday or festival at that time? Can anyone suggest anyway to stay for less than $250 a night? Many thanks!

Boston
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

The marathon is Monday April 16th, that's why the back bay hotels are booked. Did you try other parts of the city. The race ends in the back bay so it will be hard to find rooms there.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

Hi,

You've unfortunately picked Patriot's Day weekend, which is one of the busiest tourist weekends in the entire year, due to the Boston Marathon. And, the Marathon ends in the Back Bay.

You don't have much hope of finding a place in Back Bay, unless there's a cancellation.

For less-expensive lodgings, you might try the John Jeffries House, which is centrally-located near Beacon Hill. It's most likely sold out also, but worth calling.

Otherwise, you will probably be looking at staying outside of Boston. There's a very nice Marriott in Quincy, which is a suburb about 7 miles south of Boston, and close to a Red Line T station so you can get into the city easily. There's also the Best Western Adams Inn, in Quincy, which is about $129/night, and also close to Boston and the Red Line.

http://www.bwadamsinn.com

Or, you could try Priceline. Sometimes trying last minute is better than trying in advance with them.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

Thanks for the replies... Managed to get a room at Seaport - seems ok from the reviews and more affordable then anything else left on offer!

What is the best way from Logan to Seaport? Bus or water taxi? And roughly how much?

And is it walkable to Back Bay from seaport?

Sorry, one more question - what else should we try to catch over Patriot's Day weekend apart from the Marathon?

Thanks alot!

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

Hi,

The best way from Logan to the Seaport Hotel is a Taxi. If you have bags with you, it's the most convenient way. It will be fastest, and because the Seaport is not far from Logan, it won't be horridly expensive. Probably about $20 with tip and tolls.

If you want the cheapest option, the T's Silver Line from Logan to the World Trade Center station is the best way to go. Pick up the Silver Line at the head of the Ground Transportation/bus stop line, in front of your arrival terminal, and take it to World Trade Center. Your hotel is about a block away. This will cost you $2.00 each.

It's a long walk from the Seaport to Copley Sq., where the marathon ends up. If you love walking, and the weather is nice, you could walk it in about 30-45 minutes or so, depending on how fast a walker you are. It's probably a bit farther than most people would want to walk, so you can take the Silver Line to South Station, and transfer to the Red Line, and then one stop to Downtown Crossing, where you'd change to the Orange Line to Back Bay. Copley Station on the Green Line is closed the day of the marathon.

As far as other things to do, on the monday of Patriot's Day, the city is tied up in knots, with roads closed and hoards of people everywhere. Your best bet is to hit a museum that day, maybe the MFA, or Science museum.

Otherwise, definitely walk at least part of the Freedom Trail, or sign up for a Boston Duck Tour, which are a lot of fun.

Boston
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

The best way to the Seaport Hotel is by T (Silver Line) pick it up outside the terminal. It's a long walk from the Seaport Direct to Backbay about 30 to 40 minutes.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

Thanks again!

Just one last question - any good suggestions regarding where to go for food? I like meat and fish/ seafood, but my other half is a veggie - anywhere would be good for both of us?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,232 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

There are many choices in Chinatown in which to combine seafood and vegetarian dishes.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

Hi,

Chinatown is a good option. All the restaurants have veggie items on the menus.

My favorites in Chinatown are King Fung Garden, Jumbo Seafood, Chau Chau City, and Hei La Moon. Another favorite of mine is Peach Farm...but this place has less than no atmosphere, and seems to be off-putting for people who aren't into eating in slightly shabby, hole in the wall places...so I'm hesitant to recommend it.

Another Chinatown favorite is Buddas Delight, which is actually a completely vegan restaurant. It's actually quite good, and I don't think you'd miss the meat/fish in the dishes at all.

Indian food is also an excellent option. My favorite in Boston is the India Quality House, on Commonwealth Ave, just outside of Kenmore Sq.

boston
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

You'll get to Seaport using any of the above suggestions. But you can't beat a four minute, $7 water taxi ride.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! Need to find a hotel in Boston in April.

Hi,

Does the water taxi drop us right outside seaport? Where can we catch it at Logan?

Thanks!