We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions ... March

California
Level Contributor
228 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions ... March

I have read many posts about hotel suggestions, but still need help. Will be arriving around midnight on a Friday night in March. Staying for 2 nights in Boston and spending one full day touring the town. We are 2 active families with 4 kids (ages 11-13). Doing the tourist thing and planning on doing the Freedom Trail, visiting the Washington Monument, Soliders & Sailors Monument and taking the subway to Fenway Park to take a tour (the boys/dads love sports). Have been looking at Airbnb, hotels, VRBO, etc and am still puzzled. Any suggestions of hotels that are within walking distance that are cost effective $250/night or less. We would like to be walking distance to dining options.

11 replies to this topic
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

I assume you're talking two rooms at $250 a night each, with two queen beds in each and the kids in one. Is that correct?

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

We will need your exact dates to give hotel recommendations on your budget as rates change by date depending upon what is going on in the city.

But, for only a 2 night stay, I would suggest staying in Back Bay or downtown in order to maximize your limited sightseeing time.

3. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2017, 06:35

Boston...
Level Contributor
21,692 posts
686 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

Washington Monument is pretty far from here. Bunker Hill Monument (not on Bunker Hill) is a similar obelisk, though. It is on the Freedom Trail.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

We did Boston last Christmas and stayed at the Verb right next to Fenway Park. Just had a quick look and there are a couple of the Fridays in March that were about right rate wise on their own website.

Lots of places to eat nearby, walkable into town, close to the Green Line T stop. Cool music inspired rooms which my lads loved and right next to Fenway. Vast improvement to the Ho Jo that was there for years before...

Boston...
Level Contributor
277 posts
458 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

I'd stay in the Back Bay or along the Waterfront

Ohio
Level Contributor
9,713 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

After much research, we will be staying at the Lenox Hotel in April. It's supposed to be in a really great location, Back Bay, and looks like a very nice place!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
6,438 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

Am going in April and am looking for the best area for 2 nights to get the best understanding of the history.

Which hotels would best for walking these areas.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

Read the Top Questions on the right on a non-phone device.

Tombstone, Arizona
Level Contributor
952 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel suggestions ... March

California: I second the Lenox, located in the Back Bay Area. Close to all tourists want, but maybe not a lot for the kids. Walking distance to Prudential Center with all its stores and a good breakfast place. The Lenox also has a good restaurant for all.

Hope all your travels are good ones, the weather and the people cooperate and everything you see and do moire than fulfill your most vivid imagination.

Reply to: Hotel suggestions ... March
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted