We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun areas in boston?

hoboken, United...
4 posts
1 review
fun areas in boston?

Which are the fun areas to stay in boston? i'm coming for new years and although don't want to go anywhere too crazy (i'm in my mid-30s) would like to go to an area that has a bunch of nice options for bars/restaurants.

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
674 Reviews
from US$94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
584 Reviews
from US$55.65*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,102 Reviews
from US$44.05*
4 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: fun areas in boston?

Back Bay, South End (not very many hotels there, but it's close to Back Bay), Harvard Square, around Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market. The South End may only have a few B&Bs, but it is a great restaurant destination. Around Fenway Park has become quite busy, cool restaurants, lots of young people, especially along that part of Boylston Street.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
1 review
2. Re: fun areas in boston?

It's kind of ironic, but having "a bunch of nice options for bars/restaurants" would mean fewer options on NYE. Well, options assuming you are not looking for overcrowed and paying high cover charge.

Sorry, not really sure how to answer. Just pointing out that having a bunch of bar/restaurants in an area will not mean a bunch of options for what it sounds like you want on NYE. Even otherwise quiet laid back place become overcrowded on NYE if they are in that type of area.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
261 reviews
3. Re: fun areas in boston?

The Park Square/Common area, for example - pretty much every bar/restaurant is jammed that night.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,624 posts
655 reviews
4. Re: fun areas in boston?

Park Street Area is fine.

Reply to: fun areas in boston?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted