We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with indoor pool for kids

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
792 posts
45 reviews
Hotel with indoor pool for kids

Spending one night in Boston later this month for a few medical appointments. I think we're bringing our 8 and 10 year olds with us and would like a hotel with a pool. Looking at Marriott Long Wharf, Marriott Copley, and Westin Copley. Any advice w/regard to the pool would be appreciated.

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
675 Reviews
from US$94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
585 Reviews
from US$55.65*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,102 Reviews
from US$44.05*
9 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
6,719 posts
284 reviews
1. Re: Hotel with indoor pool for kids

I can't speak to the pools, but I'd choose one of the copley hotels as they have a great central location.

Boston...
Level Contributor
8,155 posts
2. Re: Hotel with indoor pool for kids

If your appointments are in the Longwood area (Brookline Ave.) I'd stay in Back Bay. If they are at Mass. General, I'd stay at the Marriott Long Wharf.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
792 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Hotel with indoor pool for kids

Thank you. I'm more concerned about the pool differences and while I know these aren't water parks, I'd like to choose the one with the bigger pool.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,446 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Hotel with indoor pool for kids

The Sheraton's pool is in a glassed in area with a retractable roof. It is designed to handle the "summer crowds". Obviously the roof willl be closed in the winter.

I do not know how it compares to the size of the others ... sorry.

Granville, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Hotel with indoor pool for kids

We have enjoyed the Marriot Longwarf pool with kids and it is very close to Quincy Market, restaurants, the T and overlooks the waterfront. No experience with the other pools but the hotels you mention are excellent.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,719 posts
284 reviews
6. Re: Hotel with indoor pool for kids

Your best bet is probably to call each hotel and ask how big their pool is.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Hotel with indoor pool for kids

I was going to say the Sheraton in Back Bay. Convenient location, connected directly to the Prudential Center, and close to a subway station on the Green Line.

New England
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Hotel with indoor pool for kids

The Intercontinental has a pretty good pool. A little walk from Back Bay, or a short T ride.

Sycamore, Illinois
5 posts
9. Re: Hotel with indoor pool for kids

I highly recommend the Sheraton Back Bay. Sadly when I stayed there in September the pool was closed for maintenance but it looked beautiful and large (my room overlooked it). I spent 10 days there and the staff could not have been nicer! I read horror stories about the staff before going but they were honestly the best group I've interacted with at a hotel. The location is pretty good and there are a lot of restaurant options in the area. The big selling point is that you can access the T station from inside (2nd flood, walk into the Prudential Center and then follow the signs).

Reply to: Hotel with indoor pool for kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted