We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Logan Airport to Westin Waterfront HELP

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation from Logan Airport to Westin Waterfront HELP

I'm going to be traveling into Boston at the end of May and I am staying at the Westin Waterfront and Convention Center and was curious what the best way to get there from Logan airport is.

Should I take the subway from the airport to my hotel? I also would like to travel downtown and do some sightseeing, is it best for me to get a week subway pass (I'll be there four days)? And can I pick one of these up at Logan?

For that matter how safe is the subway?

I'd appreciate any help you can give me!! Thanks for your help!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Logan Airport to Westin Waterfront HELP

Hi Apollo (luv that name),

Getting to the Westin Waterfront couldn't be easier. Just catch the Silver Line bus which stops at each terminal at Logan. Buy the subway ticket at your terminal. (There should be helpful T employees at the terminal to explain the different subway passes.)

The bus will go thru the Ted Williams tunnel and eventually stop at World Trade Center station. Get off here, take the escalator to the UPPER level (not the street level) and walk less than 10 minutes to the Westin. It is just to the left of the enormous curved roof of the Convention Center, which you will see from the upper level of the station.

When you are ready to explore the City, take the Silver Line from the WTC station toward South Station. You can get off there to explore Chinatown. Or walk north along the waterfront to Faneuil Hall Marketplace and the Italian North End. You can also change to the Red Line at South Station and explore the rest of the city. Pick up Where Boston magazine at your hotel to get an idea of what's going on in town and for the excellent street/subway map.

The subway, especially the parts you are most likely to use, is extremely safe. Just use the normal precautions you would use in any large city.

Have a great time!

Steve, Bostonian in Exile

MA Woods
Level Contributor
128 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Logan Airport to Westin Waterfront HELP

I have stayed at the Westin Waterfront a couple of times and have found it to be isolated from the city. We took cabs.

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Logan Airport to Westin Waterfront HELP

I would opt for the Silver Line and skip the cab from the airport.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,062 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Logan Airport to Westin Waterfront HELP

I agree with Spike the Silver Line is the way much cheaper than a cab.

MA Woods
Level Contributor
128 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Logan Airport to Westin Waterfront HELP

Hi Apollo,

Perhaps I inadvertently assumed that your travel experience would be the same as mine. I travel with my eight year old son. We each have suitcases and carry-ons. Logistically, it is very difficult for us to get to the Westin Waterfront from the airport using the T. Stairs, escalators, dragging bags etc....

Didn't mean to be negative about the T! It is safe and we use it often, just not getting from the airport to the Westin Waterfront.

6. Re: Transportation from Logan Airport to Westin Waterfront HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 09:18