We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Hotels Parker House vs. The Eliot

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Berlin, WI
4 posts
Save Topic
Boston Hotels Parker House vs. The Eliot

We will be staying in Boston from August 17th - 21st. My wife, myself and our three children (11, 7, 5) want to stay together in one room so that means getting a suite type room. We plan on doing the freedom trail, got tickets to the Sox, ride the inner harbor ferry, eat italian in the north end, go to the public garden, and maybe the children's museum if it rains. We don't mind using public transportation and plan to use the T a lot.

Right now we have the Eliot quoting us a price of $315/ night and the Parker House quoting us $269/ night. Both hotels seem to be located close to the T, so we figure we can get around Boston easily wherever we want to go. Any suggestions which hotel might be a better choice for our family? I would appreciate any input.

Also which is the better day trip. Lexington and Concord or Salem?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Hotels Parker House vs. The Eliot

Definitely go with The Omni Parker House. This is Boston`s beautiful historic hotel, directly on the freedom trail, with opulent public spaces, stellar and friendly service, and outstanding housekeeping. It`s also in a terrific location, withing walking distance of many of Boston`s premier attractions and historic landmarks: Faneuil Hall Marketplace, the waterfront, The North End, Boston Common/Public Garden, etc. I`m assuming that you booked one of the junior suites with 2 double beds and a sofa bed. Although we`re locals we occasionally splurge for a winter weekend in one of these suites when rates are extremely reasonable. They are spacious and beautiful with plenty of closet space, a separate desk area, and the sitting area with the sofa bed, 2 comfortable chairs and a coffee table. The bathroom is compact but pristine and has everything you`ll need. I suggest that you join The Omni Select Guest Program (omnihotels.com/800-FOR-OMNI) which is free and offers great benefits including hot and cold beverages and newspaper delivered to you room at your specified time (also included) turn down service, room upgrades, and late check out. While the Eliot Hotel has nice suites, it isn`t nearly as service oriented and not as conveniently located. The staff at the Omni Parker House will welcome you warmly and happily respond to your requests and needs. I also recommend that you book this rate as soon as possible as August is a very busy time and you can cancel up until the day of arrival with no penalties. Highly recommended!

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Hotels Parker House vs. The Eliot

Hi,

I wasn't aware that the Omni had suites. I know that the Eliot is an all suite hotel. So, are you sure that the Omni quote is for a suite, or just an extra rollaway bed in the room?

In reality, both hotels are very nice and have an excellent location in the heart of the city. I don't think you'd go wrong with either one.

So, it really comes down to price. If the Omni is quoting a suite for $45/night less than the Eliot, definitely go with the Omni.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Hotels Parker House vs. The Eliot

I checked with Omni for those dates and the $269 rate is, indeed, for a junior suite as preveiously described. The full one bedroom suites are only $20 more but they only have 1 bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. The junior suite with 2 double beds and a queen sized sofa bed should be ideal for your needs. The Omni Parker House ususally has surprisingly reasonable rates on their beautiful and luxurious suites.

New Berlin, WI
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Hotels Parker House vs. The Eliot

Thanks everyone for the advice. We booked the Omni junior suite for $269/night. It is a large room at 540 sq. ft that will accommodate our family of five. Plus it has a great location and was cheaper than the Eliot. We are really looking forward to our vacation in Boston and the Cape this summer.

5. Re: Boston Hotels Parker House vs. The Eliot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 21:20