We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid "FUN" restaurants?-Boston

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kid "FUN" restaurants?-Boston

Going to Boston for 4 days with a 4.5 year old Boy and 12 year old girl, staying at Park Plaza. Any sugestions on restaurants that would entertain a 4 year old. Sports bar? anything with action and some form of melted cheese.

If you have any sugestions for things to do that would be nice. We are going to a Sox game, Aquarium, Fanuel hall. Is the childrens museum a "Must"? and if so what exibits?

Thanks, GW

Boston
Level Contributor
970 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid "FUN" restaurants?-Boston

Children's Museum is lots of fun. Highly recommended. Lots of fun stuff, including rock climbing walls, etc. It's been renovated recently so I'm not sure what new stuff it will have. It has a McDonalds connected to it. The other museums have horrible cafeterias. Highly suggest you find food before/after visiting.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid "FUN" restaurants?-Boston

Kids will love the free tour of "Old Ironsides" in Charlestown. Take the ferry from Long Wharf (near the Aquarium) to the Charlestown Navy Yard. A great low-cost way to get a glimpse of the harbor and save all that leather!!

Take the Swan Boat ride in the Public Garden and feed the ducks (just a little!!).

The Science Museum. Quincy Market (you, too!).

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid "FUN" restaurants?-Boston

Hi,

The big family chains like Rainforest Cafe and Dave and Buster's haven't hit downtown Boston yet, unfortunately for you.

Fire and Ice might be interesting. You pick raw food from a food bar and they cook it for you in front of you while you wait. Maybe that whole concept might be fascinating for a kid. And, it's good for picky eaters, because you make up your own plate from a large selection of meats, veggies, noodles, seafood, etc.

http://www.fire-ice.com

As for restaurants with TV's, you can go to Cheers at Quincy Market, which might be fun for that age group. The food is not horrible, either (burgers are decent).

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
13 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid "FUN" restaurants?-Boston

We went to the Summer Shack by Copley Square. It was a fun, casual (beach-like) atmosphere. They had a large children's menu and a lot of choices from sandwiches to lobster on the adult menu. They have a fresh bar, featuring oysters. My son had mac and cheese and my 13 year old daughter ordered the adult fish and chips but substituted, without any problem, mashed potatoes. My husband and I each had fish. I personally liked the fish dinner I had at Legal Seafoods better, but this was good. Legal also has a good sized and reasonably priced kids' menu but the atmosphere is a little more "grown up" than Summer Shack. We went to the one by the Aquarium and all of us enjoyed it and there were lots of families with younger kids there. The service, however, was a little slow for our antsy 11 year old son, so he and I left to go across the street to look at the seals (you can see their tank from the public areas outside of the aquarium) while the others ate dessert.

Quincy Market at Faniuel Hall is filled with "food court" type restaurants of all sorts. There must be 30-40 places to eat there and some of it was quite good. A great place to pick up lunch as there is something for everyone there!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
997 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid "FUN" restaurants?-Boston

If you're staying at Park Plaza, a good nearby restaurant for kids is Bertucci's on Stanhope Street near Clarendon. It has pizza and similar stuff kids would like, but it also has a good assortment of other food if you're not big on pizza. It's a big, casual place and it has an indoor bocci court that kids like if grownups aren't using it. Bocci is an Italian game vaguely similar to bowling using small balls. From the Park Plaza, go to the Columbus Ave. corner of the hotel and walk a block and a half away from downtown on Columbus to just before the turnpike overpass. Look right and you'll see Bertucci's. There's a short street (Cahners Pl.) that will take you right to it. Note: If you walk that way, the building you walk past after you cross Berkeley St. is where the Pledge of Allegiance was written. It's now called the Pledge of Allegiance Building, altho otherwise it is just a late 19th century office building.

6. Re: Kid "FUN" restaurants?-Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 17:19