We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel, Shopping, Spa, Food!

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
overland park, ks
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel, Shopping, Spa, Food!

I'm tagging along with hubby on a June business trip. I have 2 days to occupy myself. I would like to go shopping and maybe hit a spa.

Where should I go?

Also- he generally stays at the Omni. Is this a good choice in correspondance to your recommendations?

I've never been to Boston and he doesn't see much on vistits other than the hotel, his local office, and restaraunts!

Also- where is the local "must try" restaraunt?

Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel, Shopping, Spa, Food!

Hi Anniew,

The Omni Parker House is a solid choice in a great location. Some TA reviewers have complained about the small size of the rooms. If that's a problem then check out a different hotel.

The mecca of high-end shopping in Boston is Newbury Street in Back Bay. Also, there's Quincy Market which has lots of shops and restaurants. Spas are also found on Newbury Street but be warned--they're expensive.

Asking "must-try" restaurants on this site will yield 100 different responses. Let's start with what type of food you're looking for.

Italian: head to Boston's Italian-American section--The North End. It's hard not to have a good meal there.

Seafood: Union Oyster House, Legal Seafoods, Atlantic Fish Co.

Steakhouses: Abe & Louie's, Grill 23, Morton's, Smith & Wollensky, Capital Grille--All located in Back Bay.

Two things to do if you only have two days? A Duck Tour or Trolley Tour, AND walk the Freedom Trail.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
596 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel, Shopping, Spa, Food!

The previous post had good ideas--I suggest Lock-Ober restaurant and the Lobster Savannah is highly recommended.

3. Re: Hotel, Shopping, Spa, Food!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 23:19