We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about Rockport

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
350 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
question about Rockport

It's my turn to ask a question here! I have friends coming over Memorial Day weekend, and they are interested in heading up to Rockport. Will stores, restaurants, etc. be open on Sunday?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about Rockport

Hi Carab20,

Stores, shops and restaurants will undoubtedly be open all weekend. Keep in mind Rockport is a dry town in terms of alcohol, but most restaraunts have a bring your own booze policy.

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: question about Rockport

As of last year, Rockport is no longer a dry town.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about Rockport

Dave thanks for the correction.

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: question about Rockport

Just to add some additional information, last year Rockport voted to allow restaurants to have liquor licenses. I am not certain about package stores. Topsfield, also dry until last year, voted to allow one package store license and are considering a second one.

5. Re: question about Rockport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 02:19