We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation in boston

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
accomodation in boston

Hi im wondering if i base myself near Harvard square is it easy enough to get into boston...the accommodation is much more affordable ? im planning my stay on 24 october for 5 nts with my daughter

many thanks

julie

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
671 Reviews
from US$94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
581 Reviews
from US$55.65*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,100 Reviews
from US$44.05*
6 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,401 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: accomodation in boston

It really depends on the exact location of your lodging and how "near Harvard Square" it is. There is a red line subway station in Harvard Square. If you are comfortable with the walk from your accomodations to the station you will be fine. It is only 4 stops to Boston Common.

It is unusual for lodging close to a subway stop just outside the city to be dramatically less than Boston. If you are looking at Airbnb or similar be aware that SOME hosts exaggerate the convenience of their location.

If you want to provide details, we can comment on location.

Boston...
Level Contributor
22,338 posts
693 reviews
2. Re: accomodation in boston

fmp is right, Harvard Square is rarely cheaper than Boston. But it's a great place to see if Harvard Square and that neighborhood is what you want to see alot of, and it's very easy to get to Boston from there.

Boston
Level Contributor
7,334 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: accomodation in boston

Yes Harvard Square would be fine. It’s very easy to get into town by subway and there’s even a bus that will take you right down Mass. Ave. to Back Bay. Harvard Square itself is even a great place to stay as there are restaurants shops and attractions right there. Just check that the location is really in or very close to the square.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
133 reviews
4. Re: accomodation in boston

Harvard Sq is a good place to stay but not cheaper than Boston.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,616 posts
632 reviews
5. Re: accomodation in boston

Yeah Harvard Square is fine to get to Central Boston, although I prefer to stay in Central Boston.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
1 review
6. Re: accomodation in boston

Plan on about 20 min. from Harvard Square to Park Street Station via the Red Line. In the context to tourism Park Street is very central and will have links (green line) to pretty much anywhere you'd want to go it walking from there is to far.

Google maps can tell you how long the "near" Harvard Sq to Harvard Sq part of your trip will be. Or give us the exact address.

Harvard Sq is good for getting into Boston but more of an asset is Harvard Sq. is a good location for Harvard Sq. Lots of people including me find Cambridge every bit or more enjoyable as compared to Central Boston.

Reply to: accomodation in boston
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted