We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in the "heart" of Boston MA/girl scouts

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
64 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in the "heart" of Boston MA/girl scouts

What do you recommend for accommodations located in the city? We are travelling w/ girl scouts and would like to travel by foot, the "T", cab...i.e., we won't be driving. I need a property in the heart of things. I don't know the city relative to hotel location and the must-see sights, at this point.

'Need a location that is "safe"; and a place that has clean/comfortable rooms, possibly a couple of suites.

No, I have not yet perused this Boston forum.

Thank you!!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in the "heart" of Boston MA/girl scouts

Try the Omni Parker House first. It's right on the Freedom Trail and is very much in the center of things.

AlanM

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in the "heart" of Boston MA/girl scouts

What's your price range? Suites generally are not the best solution if you just want more beds, but everything downtown can be very pricy.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in the "heart" of Boston MA/girl scouts

Holiday Inn Select--Government Center. The best part about this hotel is its' location. Don't let the name fool you--it's actually in Beacon Hill. The great part? It has an outdoor pool, which the kids love. It's close to the T, walkable to lots of Boston attractions, and it's a safe area. The rooms are of Holiday inn quality--very vanilla, but what more do you want?

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in the "heart" of Boston MA/girl scouts

All of the previously mentioned hotels are in "safe" areas and convient to public transportation ie: the T.

I would add the Long Wharf Marriott which is right on the harbor next to the New England Aquarium and a stones throw to Faniuel Hall/Quincty Market.

5. Re: Hotels in the "heart" of Boston MA/girl scouts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 15:17