We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

Charleston SC
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

We are 2 professional thirtysomethings coming to town the 4th to the 8th. Looking for the sit and drink pub-type spots rather than hot nightclubs. Where to go??

Also-should we stay on the waterfront? Any help would be much appreciated.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

The Waterfront is certainly an option. The Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market area is loaded with pubs of all kinds, especially Irish oriented pubs. Some have live music as well, although that wasn't mentioned. There is also live music on Rowes Wharf on Tuesdays (R&B), Wednesdays (Swing - with dancing), and Thursdays (Blues) from 6 to 10 PM. It's a great area, especially in Summer.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

For that burger, one of my must dos whenever I am in Boston is Mr. Bartley's Burger Cottage in Harvard Square (1246 Mass Ave.) It's an easy subway ride on the red line. The burgers are fantastic, excellent onion rings too, and raspberry lime rickeys to wash it down. You will definitely soak up the flavor of Boston/Cambridge here.

More info: http://www.mrbartley.com/

I think the Quincy Market or Copley neighborhoods would be a lot of fun.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,144 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

Voy---I second Mr. Bartley's Burgers! IMO, they have some of the best burgers around--and yes!--great lime rickeys!

Charleston SC
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

Thanks for the help-

how far to Newport? Would like to try a night or 2 there! Thanks, again!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

Newport is about an hour and a half from Boston.

Massachusetts
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

I agree for a burger & a frappe (aka milkshake outside of Boston) go to Mr. Bartley's in Harvard Square. For a burger & a beer try the Miracle of Science Bar & Grill (321 Mass Ave.) between Central Sq & MIT. This 1 stop away from Bartley’s on the red line. Great burgers & a crowd from the nearby tech industries & apartments.

Tipperary Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

another option for just a huge feed is Eagles deli in Brookline.......mass loads of options and food to boot also there is a nice old watering hole up the road from the deli called city side

8. Re: Where to go for the best buger and beers in Boston!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 02:19