We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline- too early to bid for Oct 18th?

London
Level Contributor
718 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Priceline- too early to bid for Oct 18th?

I have never used Priceline. Thought I'd give it a trip for our next trip to the States. We are going on the 18th Oct, is it too early to bid now? Thanks

London
Level Contributor
718 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline- too early to bid for Oct 18th?

Also can I use f i don't have an address in the USA? I have a UK credit card? Thanks

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline- too early to bid for Oct 18th?

It's not too early, you never know. If you aren't successful at a reasonable price now, book something completely cancellable wthout penalty and then try again later.

There is an excellent Web site called betterbidding.com that can help you with priceline or hotwire bidding strategies. Check out the Massachusetts board. You will also see pinned lists of priceline/hotwire hotels, and posts by people telling what they nave gotten. Post a question giving your travel dates, number in your party, per night budget, and neighborhoods of interest. The folks on that board will give you assistance.

From that site here is an explanation of how foreigners can bid on priceline:

www.betterbidding.com/index.php…

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline- too early to bid for Oct 18th?

It is never too early to book for Oct especially if you plan on visiting the New England area.

Boston
Level Contributor
970 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline- too early to bid for Oct 18th?

You have til October and... why not start bidding now? Figure out what range you're willing to pay and stick to it. You may be tempted to go higher and higher and... time is on your side. The big thing about doing Priceline way in advance is that the whole thing is set in stone. There is no changing, no refunds, no nothing. The money is gone once you hit that "book my room" button, so... as long as you're okay with that, then...

I've gotten some amazing deals through their service on hotels and rental cars, but I once tried to change something and their customer service is worse than nonexistant. Really bad.

I wouldn't book flights va Priceline because there are too many big unknowns (google priceline and you'll find horror stories out there and the flight horror stories are the worst--people sent from a to b via z), but hotels and rental cars are I think doable. The only tricky thing is if you need 2 beds in a room, they can't promise you anything... you get what you get and... you have to deal with the hotel and they're under no obligation to give you what you want.

5. Re: Priceline- too early to bid for Oct 18th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 21:16