We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel search

uk
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel search

I am still looking for a hotel for 7 nights 20 oct. I had booked a trip but the holiday company cancelled on me as they could provide the trip at the quoted price. I would love to stay in central Boston. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary so I really wanted to stay some where nice. I am losing hope as I didn't realize Boston city was so expensive. I did look on hot wire but I'm worried that I would end up in the worst room in the hotel as some people have suggested. Can anyone suggest a hotel outside of town that is within easy reach of the city. We are not driving.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel search

Your luck is about to change, gingercookie! The cute little 1-bedroom apartment in the North End of Boston where I stayed last October is available for the dates you need -- for only $100 night. GREAT location in a picturesque neighborhood,, you'll have your own kitchen so you need not spend the money to go out for every meal, plus there are laundry facilities in the basement.

I was going to call Joanne this weekend to see about renting it myself for the end of October, but you need it more than I do :-) For more info on it, and other possibilities for you, see this recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k127208…

uk
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel search

Cocklecove! what a fantastic idea! A home from home and in a perfect location. I have rented here in the UK many times. Holiday homes by the sea side mostly. Thankyou so much Cocklecove. I phoned today and I have asked Joanne for those dates. I am just waiting for a reply to confirm if the dates are free. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel search

Oh, I am so pleased that it appeals to you... I wasn't sure if you would be content with this kind of non-hotel accommodation. Definitely hoping to hear that it is indeed available for you!!

uk
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel search

Cocklecove! I'm on my way! Thank you so much for your lead. I spoke with Joanne today who has confirmed my booking. I will be spending a week in Boston in the fall. I am so happy! I am so excited to be spending my special time in a special place thank to you. I write let you know how I got on on my return.

uk
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel search

Cocklecove!

I'm on my way!

Thank you so much for your lead. I spoke with Joanne today who has confirmed my booking. You are right, Joanne is a very nice lady. I will be spending a week in Boston in the fall. I am so happy! I am so excited to be spending our anniversary in a special place thanks to you. I'm sure it will be perfect. I write and let you know how I got on on my return.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel search

WOOHOO!! I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face because of your good news.

Joanne has guidebooks, maps, etc. there in the apartment, but she didn't have the Not For Tourists Only guidebook for Boston. It's not listed on AmazonUK, but if your local bookstore can't procure the 2007 edition, you can order from the publishers directly here -- and the website is great fun to look at in any event:

www.notfortourists.com/cityMain.aspx?city=BO

The NFTO guides -- chock-full of lots of listings/maps -- are in a super compact format which makes it so easy to carry along with you... they slip quite handily into a handbag or jacket/coat pocket.

Wishing you a MARVELOUS anniversary ~ CC

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel search

That is an outstanding rate, CC... definitely something I will have to consider next time in Boston as well.

Have fun Gingercookie!

8. Re: Hotel search

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 20:17