We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North End Restaurant Poll

Rochester
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
North End Restaurant Poll

Let's say you were planning to eat 3 times at the North End while in town and you like good sized portions and moderate prices.

What 3 Italian restaurants would you choose?

Thanks!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North End Restaurant Poll

La Summa, Giacomo's and then probably Massimino's.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North End Restaurant Poll

I favor the Southern Italian dishes so my Top 3 would be:

1. Lo Conte's

2. Assagio

3. Giacomo's

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North End Restaurant Poll

I'd say:

La Summa

Daily Catch

Massiminos

Giacomo's can substitute for Daily Catch, if you are not a fan of calamari. That's most of what's on the Catch's menu.

If you like some more Northern-Italian food, substitute Antico Forno for Massiminos. Antico Forno is Tuscan-style, with a wood fired oven, and they do a great job with baked dishes and roasted meats.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: North End Restaurant Poll

1. La Summa

2. Antico Forno

3. Daily Catch

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North End Restaurant Poll

I have to agree in the same exact order as previously posted here. All these 3 restaurants are absolute gems. If you want good sized portions with moderate prices? Then any one of these above mentioned should be your pick. I've been to all three a few times now and there's no question about it, hands down, they're definitely winners these days, in my book!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North End Restaurant Poll

I like Antico Forno (especially their pizza and gnocchi), and recently had my first meal at La Summa. Won't be my last.

Since this is a poll.... what do you all think of Il Panino Express? I personally would kill (okay maybe not kill, maybe just maim) to have a place like this in my area. It's quick and fast Italian food.... but I think the selection of freshly made paninis is nothing short of deliciousness at its best.

7. Re: North End Restaurant Poll

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 02:18