We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

We are driving and need to stop about half way. Any good suggestions on a stop location and hotel mid-way?

It looks like Rochester is about the half-way point?

Appreciate any suggestions, as always. Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
970 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

You might want to ask this question in the Rocheseter board as well...

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

If you want to travel a little further than Rochester, the Radisson in Utica is very nice and very convenient off the highway. The area around it isn't all that pretty but I didn't feel unsafe. The hotel Utica is there as well which I find to be a little less expensive.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

Rochester isn't quite halfway, but it's a fine place to stop (I'm a little biased, being originally from there...) It's 4ish from Toronto to Rochester and about 6 more to Boston. Those on the Rochester board can definitely help you with hotels. Unfortunately, although I know where some of them are, I have no idea if any are good!

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

Waterloo might be a good spot and there are a couple of chain hotels very near the exit, one is a Holiday Inn, not sure of the other brand.

Boston
Level Contributor
5,680 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

Rochester is not really the half-way point, but do you want to just stop and sleep or stop and see stuff, shop, etc.

It will help people give better answers if we know that info.

Halifax, Nova...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

Montreal. Montreal. Montreal--- The people, the food, the music, the scenery-- call the city 1-800 tourism office.., You will be very pleased.

Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

eat, sleep & get on the road bright and early the next day. probably will arrive mid evening, just enough time to unwind and sleep!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

Errrr. .... Just a thought, but Montreal is not exactly on the way.

Boston
Level Contributor
970 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

If all you want to do is recharge for the rest of the drive...I'd pick a midpoint that has good hotels, maybe somethng you could get on Priceline for short money, something with a pool, spa, restaurant, big comfy suite, whatever...

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 1/2 Way hotel suggestion (Toronto - Boston)

We drive to the Cape every year from the Toronto area and usually stop around Albany. Lots of hotels to choose from. We have also stayed in Utica at the Red Roof Inn which is perfectly adequate for somewhere to sleep and is only a few minutes off the Thruway. Rochester is too soon to stop, a lot less than halfway. About 7 hours to Albany , 6 to Utica depending on how much you stop. About another 3 - 4 hours to Boston the next morning.