We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar/Pub ideas?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
burg
4 posts
Save Topic
Bar/Pub ideas?

Hi, Myself and 3 buddies all between the ages of 26-28 are looking for a good bar or pub to go to on this saturday and sunday night. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Laurence Harbor, NJ
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar/Pub ideas?

where??????????? Be more specific...........are you looking in Kenmore square, Fanueil Hall, suburbs??

what kind of a place are you looking for?

burg
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar/Pub ideas?

Well we're staying at the Hotel Buckminster, close to Fenway. But anywhere in the city is fine.

Laurence Harbor, NJ
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar/Pub ideas?

Right in Kenmore Square there is alot to do, Cask & Flagon has been there forever and is always fun; not sure if Copperfields is still there, it so it's good too...............there are alot of bigger clubs on Landsdowne street.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar/Pub ideas?

Hi,

Walk up Brookline Avenue from Kenmore Sq. (your hotel is on the corner of Brookline Avenue and Beacon St.), and you will find a wealth of bars and clubs, along Brookline Avenue itself, and also along Landsdowne St., which will be on your left, just at Fenway Park. There are dance clubs, pool halls, bars, pubs, etc. Guaranteed to be something you all will enjoy.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar/Pub ideas?

Tequilla Rain - "Spring Break 52 weeks a year" isn't a bad spot. Got a dance floor and you will see some ladies there.

Cask and flagon will be more pub/restaurant like and not to clubby. It's good but I do want to differentiate it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar/Pub ideas?

For better than average pub food and a staggering variety of beers check out Bukowski's Tavern on Dalton Street in Back Bay. Ultra-casual. .

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar/Pub ideas?

Before you take a left down Lansdowne Street I would cross over and get a micro brew at Beer Works. After you have enjoyed one really good beer, I would head down Lansdowne street and go ALL the way to the end to Jillinas. As you walk by the other clubs you can get an idea what their "thing" is. If it is early, they will jsut look like old boring buildings. If there is a bouncer outside ask what kind of music they are playing that night. Some clubs change depending on the night. If there is a line ask someone in line or look at how they are dressed. Jillians is a good warm up to the night. Pool tables bowling and much more. I like the club in there but I like dance music. If you aren't into the club scene than i would head back to the top end of Lansdowne street and check out Cask N Flagon.

Jake Ivory's is a dueling piano bar near Jillians as well people may start dancing towards the end of the night but it's not a dance club.

Info on Jillian's

www.jilliansboston.com

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar/Pub ideas?

Oh two other areas that have a mixed club scene are the Ally in the Theater district (this street is a pedestrian street tucked away so have someone point it out to you.)

And Faneuil Hall. Fanuiel Hall has a big mix of bar, restaurants and clubs but here is the heaviest Irish representation.

9. Re: Bar/Pub ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 12:19