We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston trip

buenos aires
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Boston trip

Hey, im going to US on january. I have only 15 days . im planning on visit NY, DC and then going to the west coast, whats about boston?does it worths spending a whole day there??

see you

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston trip

What are your interests? The question isn't is is worth spending a day, it's "is it worth coming up here if you can ONLY spend a day." I would recommend 3 to 5 days in Boston. If you only have one day to spare, I'm not sure I would travel the distance from New York to come here. We would love to have you but IMHO the travel time is better used elsewhere.

Boston...
Level Contributor
25 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston trip

I agree with BostonComputerChic - it's not really worth coming here from NY for only one day - for a 15 day trip, mayby 3 days Boston, 3 days NYC, 2 days DC, then the rest on the West Coast, assuming you want to hit several locations).

If you do come for a few days, pack for cold weather, as both Boston and New York could easily be very chilly! Take a Trolly Tour to see the city (I believe the trolley's are enclosed and heated). Visit Faneuil Hall, go up the Hancock Tower or the Pru for great view of the City and historical information. We have a number of high quality museums, shopping, theater, great restaurants - it's a great city to visit any time of year!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston trip

BostonComputerChic,

Your response was absolutely tone-perfect!

Steve

4. Re: Boston trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 11:22