We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Or the Water Taxi?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Maine
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Topic
Or the Water Taxi?

Anyone done that? From North Station to Logan it looks cheaper and a whole lot more fun.

Opinions?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,523 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Or the Water Taxi?

It certainly is different and can be fun if the weather is okay. Cheaper? Only if you're alone. It's $20 for the first person and $15 for each additional person. Plus tip, of course.

AlanM

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Or the Water Taxi?

If you take the water taxi; please let me know how you felt about it.

Just in case you don't know. Once you get to Logan you will have to catch a massport bus to the terminal. This is free and takes most ten minutes. If you get there early the Hyatt is right there to jump in and freshen up.

Newcastle, Maine
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Or the Water Taxi?

Yeah, I think I'm going to take it. Any time I go to Boston it's a big schlep down memory lane.(Home town) We spent many happy hours in the harbor on boats many years ago, so that is part of the appeal, and at 20 bucks I still think it'll be cheaper than a cab, and when I get back from my London vacation I'll probably take it again, my hotel is across the street from the NE Aquarium. I'll post feedback for you. I'm going on Oct 16, returning the 24th.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,523 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Or the Water Taxi?

Suz131,

You can take the Water Taxi from next door to the Aquarium. And from there it's only $10. Was there a reason you mentined North Station?

AlanM

Newcastle, Maine
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Or the Water Taxi?

Hi Alanm, I am coming into North Station on the Downeaster Train. It's been a long time and the North End is SOOO different now. How far of a walk (with luggage) to Aquarium from there and I'm lost without the overpasses, how do I get there? (Cah'nt get theyah from heah...)

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Or the Water Taxi?

North station to the aquarium is a 15 minute walk.

7. Re: Or the Water Taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 11:20