We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foliage report in White mountains

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Foliage report in White mountains

Could you please tell me how the foliage is doing right now in the White Mountains. We will be there on the 15 October and want to know if it has peaked yet and how the leaves are looking

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

Lincoln, in the Whites, has not quite peaked. By the 15th, it will probably be past peak. Still nice, mind you. Lower elevations should still be very nice.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

Check the state tourism web site www.visitnh.gov for the latest reports from the state's official "leaf peepers".

Cape Town
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

Thank you so much. I can't wait to see the fall. In Africa we don't have anything like that as the temperatures are never that drasic so it is something I have always wanted to see.

Boston
Level Contributor
970 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

Rest assured--- trees turn at different rates and ... they dont' all pick one day to fall from the trees, so... if some are on the ground and some are on the trees, that's lovely too, though I think the dates you picked should be ideal. Do you fly into Boston? .

Cape Town
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

Yes we fly to Boston. After North Conway we are going to Chatham on Cape Cod but would like to drive a different route from the 95N that our hotel told us to take from Boston . We would like to drive along the Maine coastline somewhere and see just a bit of Maine too.Once through Maine we would like to stop in Plymouth for a few hours to see the plantation before we continue onto Chatham. Do you have any suggestions for a route we can take and which towns to see in Maine.Would love to eat Maine lobster in a good place in Maine. How many hours would a trip like that take?

Shirley...
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

If you are planning on driving from North Conway to Chatham in one day you will have a pretty full day. Things can get pretty congested up around North Conway during the foliage season and you have a bit of a drive before you hit a highway.

If you want to see a bit of coast I would recommend stopping in Ogunquit, Maine. Its not too far off the highway. Theres a nice beach to walk and a very nice walking trail called the Marginal Way that goes among the rocks.

Unfortunately, you will be hitting this area at the tail end of their season so places will either be closed or ready to close. There is a section called Perkins Cove with a few restaurants. I would recommend Barncle Billy's.

You can spend some time here then either drive down the coast a bit or hop back on the highway.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

Thanks for the advise.I will be following it to the letter.

Shirley...
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

In case you haven't found it, here's a website for Ogunquit where you find the restaurant listings and a map.

http://www.ogunquit.org/

Your best bet for Lobster is to try to find a Lobster Pound or what is sometimes called a Lobster in the rough place. These are simple places where they boil you a lobster, give you some steamers and an ear of corn and you can eat outside on picnic table. But again, the season is a little late for this.

Enjoy your visit!

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

Where will you be staying in North Conway?

10. Re: Foliage report in White mountains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 15:19