We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni Parker v's Wyndham, Broad St

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Omni Parker v's Wyndham, Broad St

Hi All,

I thought I had settled on the Omni until I saw the Wyndham for just ��27 GBP each extra for 7 nights.

So - which is the better hotel? My mine concern is clean and comfotable (not worried about fancy facilities) and in a location that is a good area and makes the majority of the "sights" walkable.

Cheers everyone

Sarah

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni Parker v's Wyndham, Broad St

I think they're both fine, the only difference is age. The Wyndham is a new property, and sits in the financial district so it caters to a more business-y crowd. I think the rooms are small and a little unpersonal.

The Parker House is older and has the look of shabby gentility in a way. I happen to like it better. And, it has played a part in some famous local events - John Wilkes Booth held a waiter's job there, and I think Mayor James Michael Curley was a regular in the bar. Mayor Curley is famous for having been convicted of mail fraud in his third term and he continued to conduct business from his cell, refusing to reliquish the post. Ahhh, Boston politics.....

Either spot is fine with respect to locale, and some nice pubs and other places have popped up in the last couple of years in the Broad Street area. The Parker House has a nice hotel bar of its own, and is nicely situated within walking distance to downtown, Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall, etc.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni Parker v's Wyndham, Broad St

We stayed at the Wyndham Boston last summer. It's a nice, clean hotel with spacious rooms. I didn't care for the layout of the bathroom but that won't stop me from staying again. However, it can be noisy as there are nightclubs around the place. If you have a room on a high floor and are a sound sleeper, you won't notice the noise. The restaurant in the hotel has a breakfast buffet which is decent but a bit pricey. I liked the location of the hotel---a very short walk to the Aquarium (both the actual aquarium and the "T" station)--also a short walk to the Quincy Market, Long Wharf (where you can get a ferry to the USS Constitution, aka "Old Ironsides") and near the North End. Also, a short walk to the downtown shopping area.

As beansandcod pointed out, the Omni Parker (once called "The Parker House") is an older hotel right in the middle of downtown.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni Parker v's Wyndham, Broad St

Thanks Guys,

I think I will stick with the Omni - I like older hotels which have more character - sometimes the "shabbiness" adds to its appeal for us!

Best Wishes

Sarah

Palm Harbor , FL
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni Parker v's Wyndham, Broad St

Omni Parker house IS Boston...beautiful character class tradition. Wyndham you might as well be in Cleveland until you walk outside.