We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boston's chinatown?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
9 posts
Save Topic
boston's chinatown?

I'm going on a trip to Boston on the 17th and I was wondering where Chinatown is. Can anyone tell me? I will post where the bus is dropping me off asap.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boston's chinatown?

It is in a fairly compact area in the Kneeland-Beach st. area. Walking distance from South Station and close to the theater district if that's your destination.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boston's chinatown?

I hope you will not be travelling on the Fung Wah Bus. Their safety record is horrendous.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,883 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boston's chinatown?

I agree with Mahj dont take Fung Wah,you can take Greyhound or Peter Pan right into South Station and walk to Chinatown in about 5 minutes.

PlanetX
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boston's chinatown?

If your bus leaves you at South Station, the Chinatown Arch is right across the way. Just exit the station and ask somene to point you in the right direction. It's not far.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boston's chinatown?

Yes Chinatown is a short walk from South Station. You can see the new Chinatown park near the arches and gateway to Chinatown. If you are dropping off in another part of the city you can take

the MBTA (subway) to either the Chinatown stop (Orange Line) or South Station (Red Line). There are other stops close to it as well. We often walk down from the Boston Common as about 5 or 6 block walk from there.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,985 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boston's chinatown?

South Station is on the Corner of Summer St and Atlantic Ave. The south staiton bus stops (not the T bus stops) are on Atlantic Ave. Cross Atlantic Ave and look for Beach Street. Follow Beach Street one block and THEN you'll see the 'archway' entrance to Chinatown ... on the other side of a wide road (Surface Rd?) ... cross over and you'll be in the heart of Chinatown.

7. Re: boston's chinatown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 14:19