We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Fenway Park

chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels near Fenway Park

We are planning to following the white Six to Boston in August. How far are the hotels from the park? Please give me any recommendations for a hotel - looking for really nice hotel not too far from Fenway - at least a 4 star. Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Fenway Park

There are LOADS of hotels that are within approx. 1 mile of Fenway that are very good...

The Lenox

The Colonnade

The Copley Plaza

The Eliot

The Back Bay Hilton

The Marriot Copley Place

The Sheraton Boston

A litle further away, but still quite convenient... only another 4-5 blocks more the the ones above...

The Ritz Carlton (there are 2... the one on Arlington St. is closer, but older... the Avery St/Tremont St. location is only a couple years old, and across the Common & Public Garden from the "original")

The Four Seasons

Nine Zero

Omni Parker House

As far as "nice" goes, Nine Zero would get my vote, followed by The Four Seasons. Both are fantastic, and are right on the Green Line of the "T" (the subway)... the same line as Fenway Park. HINT: Kenmore Square is actually closer to the park than the "Fenway" subway stop, and while 3/4 of the Greeen Line trains go to Kenmore, only 1/4 go to Fenway.

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Fenway Park

The Hotel Commonwealth is located on Commonwealth Ave. in Kenmore Square a three or four minute walk to Fenway Park. It is a new hotel, about one year old, and is four star according to its rating on Trip Advisor. To travel downtown from this hotel, you would access the Green Line "T" (subway) across from the hotel. Check "Boston Hotels" in this forum for a description of the hotel.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near Fenway Park

Check out the Gryphon House, which is just up the street from Fenway Park. It is an old Brownstone converted into an Inn. It is at least 4 stars and is highly recommended from a variety of sources.

Dawn

southern california
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near Fenway Park

we stayed at the eliot last year and thought the large rooms and elegant decor were perfect for our tastes...however, it is on the small scale for a 4 star property but the location is perfect for fenway!

chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near Fenway Park

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I will lookinto all the hotels suggested. As far as renting a car--is the airport far from these hotels? do you recommend driving around boston?

southern california
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near Fenway Park

no rental car is needed...the airport is spitting distance...u can walk everywhere....boston makes chicago seem huge(lived there 20 yrs.ago)...enjoy

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near Fenway Park

But Chicago IS huge! (LOL)

Fenway Park is a hop, skip, and jump from the Kenmore stop on the Green Line, and as for parking nearby? Fuhgeddabowdit.

I found about about Gryphon House this week, nothing but rave reviews, so am pleased somebody else mentioned it already. The Buckminster Hotel in Kenmore Square is within sight of the ballpark and is comparatively inexpensive, but from what I hear it's a roll of the dice. For a long time it was a shadow of its former self, known to be pretty much a flophouse, but the more positive feedback among the complaints suggests that it's made a turnaround. If a sushi restaurant and an Uno's at street level are any indication, this has indeed happened.

I also always put in a plug for the Beacon Inn Guesthouse, a few blocks to the west of Kenmore along Beacon St just over the Brookline town line. It's a restored brick rowhouse in a quiet area, with a good selection of restaurants close by. People I once met who were newly relocated to Boston told of feeling "stuck with" staying there, then loving it once they actually checked in.

The new Commonwealth Hotel is "smack dab in the middle" of Kenmore Square. All of its reviewers rank it high, but I still mourn "The Rat" and all the funky stores that were demolished for it, plus its builders visibly "cut corners" and I think the facade's ugly. (LOL) So I can't give a fair assessment of how good it may truly be. But if you're looking to go upscale, the Eliot is a sure bet.