We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
2 posts
Save Topic
Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

So my girlfriend and I want to move to the MA/Boston/Providence, RI area for me to go to school. We've never been there, but have dreamed about getting the HELL out of North Carolina and moving for years. I want to take her for a weekend getaway to Boston and PROPOSE, at end of this year or early next year.

I don't know much about the city, what would be the best romantic spots to pop the question?

I DO NOT want to do it over dinner, it's a littl cliche for me. Not to mention, I would like it to be absolutely private just for the two of us to enjoy.

thanks for your help!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

Honestly, I think the most romantic thing would be to do it when the mood strikes you, wherever you are.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

How private it private? You could propose while walking through the Boston Common or the Public Garden, on the Swan Boats in the Public Garden, at Fenway Park (during a game or not), on a harbor cruise, at the observation deck at the Prudential Center, in Harvard Square, walking along the river or the Freedom Trail. . .

NC
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

When I say private I mean, I don't want everyone standing their staring and then clapping or something like that! I want us to have a moment, ya know?

I agree with the whole..whenever I feel it thing. But I feel is when I am sitting there watching her brush her teeth..so I want it to be something that she will never forget, absolutely romantic.

So many people fudge up proposals..and do it at like McDonalds, I don't want to be that person. haha

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

Here's a string for the "most Romantic Spot" from a few days ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k163435…

AlanM

Boston
Level Contributor
48 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

The courtyard of the Gardner Museum or walking down the aisle at Trinity Church.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

Hey vmd1123,

Boston common is winning for me so far. I will be in and around Boston from 23rd-28th January and the thought of snow then I think makes it more romantic. My girlfriend is working in Cranston and my initial plan was to spend a couple of days down there but I might just stay in Boston and try to find a spot....

Good luck

Gordon

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

I too would have to say when the mood strikes. I think any place mentioned it nice but SteveBoston has mentioned two places you should really check out.

Keep that ring handy when you do.

NYC
Level Contributor
147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

I would make it something that would represent your new life together in Boston. Here are some thoughts:

Top of the Hub at the Prudential Center

Somewhere as you walk with her along the Esplinade

Outside of Fanueil Hall at Quincy Market

Lastly and this is a bit cheesy, but would be quite symbolic. They always say a marraige is a marathon not a sprint, so you could take her out to Hopinkton at the start of the Boston Marathon. Hopkinton isn't romantic, but it would make for a great story.

Good luck...

Ben

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

How about the giant map...I think it's in the christian science mother church...? The other posters will have to help me out (you guys know what I'm talking about). It should be somewhat secluded, and it's indoors in case the weather's miserable.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Marriage proposal Boston, MA!!!

The mapparium in the Mary Baker Eddy Library:

marybakereddylibrary.org/exhibits/mapparium.…