We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for the Sox's

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
284 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets for the Sox's

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are visting Boston in May/June 2009.

I know he would love to watch a game, but when will next years tickets go on sale?

I've been on there site, but could only see tickets for this season.

I'm sure he woun't mind who they are playing, seen as we never get to see a real life game!

Thanks for your help

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for the Sox's

All the games are sold in stages at this point. The first tickets for selected games went on sale in December, and the next batch will be at the end of Jan. or early Feb. So for 2009 tickets will start going on Sale Dec. 2008.

FYI though, tickets are very hard to get directly from the red sox, myself and many others wait in an online queue for hours attempting to get through and get tickets, and most of the people I know never get through.

The easiest way is to get them from Stubhub.com which never seems to have a problem getting tickets, although they do charge you quite a bit more. Also if you try to get tickets to a Yankees game you will pay dearly.

But its always worth it and there is nothing like a sox game at Fenway.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for the Sox's

Limited tickets and 4 packs will be sold on the first weekend of December.

The rest of the season will be start to be sold the last weekend in January.

There will also be various drops throughout the year, including during the season....depending on what time of year, and what team they will be playing, will determine how likely you will be on getting tickets on your own, or if you'll need to get them from a secondary market.

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
551 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for the Sox's

stub hub and ebay always have tix but are pricey...and be careful who you deal with. I have been able to get tix to many games for the past few years on craiglist a little cheaper than those 2 and the agencies. its a little risky because of a few idiots but i've never been burnt. even sold an extra tix or 2 and met people near fenway. good luck

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for the Sox's

Just my two cents, but I would stay away from Ebay for purchasing event tickets. Several people in our area have been caught and apprehended for selling non-existent tickets on Ebay, and even if they end up going to jail, the people who paid for tickets don't get reimbursed. I have read of people paying over $1,000 for two tickets to the big Ohio State/Michigan football game (a HUGE rivalry here) and never getting tickets or money back.

When we wanted tickets for a game during opening week in April 2007, I found out the exact date and time that tickets would go on sale on the Sox website and then got in line in their virtual waiting room. After nine hours (yes, NINE hours!) we were able to get tickets to a game. Needless to say, Sox tickets are a hot item.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for the Sox's

Thank you for all your help.

I'll be virtually queing then!

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again and we can't wait until our trip.

6. Re: Tickets for the Sox's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 03:18