We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
8 posts
Save Topic
Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

Hi

Just a few questions that i am hoping you may be able to help me with:-

What T station do i need to get off at to get to Fenway park as hoping to do tour while i am in Boston at the weekend of the 29th February.

Can anyone help and advise me as to where is the best value video game shop to get PS3 games and what T station do i need to get off at? My son wants me to bring back a couple as they are lot cheaper than in England.

Also can you let me know what time do the shops close in Boston at weekends?

I thank you in advance for your help in answering my questions.

Cheers

Paul

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

Fenway Park...try the err Fenway stop on the green line!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

Kenmore Square stop on the Green Line will also do and is the better choice if you are coming form downtown as it is the stop before the line splits up to different branches. The Fenway stop is on the D branch.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

You can also get off at the Kenmore Square stop, if that is more convenient for you.

Where are you staying? Assuming you are in normal tourist locations, the Best Buy at the corner of Newbury and Massachusetts Avenues is probably your best bet for PS3 games. Hynes T stop. Also, there is a game store in the Prudential Center. Hynes or Prudential T stops on the green line, or Back Bay on the orange line.

Amherst...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

For gaming-you'll be in the general vicinity of this place. The Prudential Center will make fidning it easy.

GameStop #1317

Prudential Center

800 Boylston Avenue

Boston MA, 02199 US

(617)236-4432

Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 12pm-6pm*

Distance: 1.31 miles

Gamestop is on par with the best prices you'll find and you can get quality used games at a real discount. If you end up in a different area, try doing a search through their site. There are tons of them.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

Also, for video games there is a big Best Buy store at the corner of Newbury and Mass. Ave. in the Back Bay. This is a big electronics chain and their prices are probably as good as anywhere else. You would get off at the Hynes stop. Take a look at their web site bestbuy.com to get an idea of what they have and prices.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

Kenmore station is the one you want for Fenway Park.

mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/…

I know at Park st station there are many signs to guide you to Fenway, but basically you can take any outbound train except E (because it forks off before Kenmore) The trains are easiyl identifiable as they have big letters on the front and sides.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

Just a question are all PS3 game consoles the same even if sold in other countries? I am just curious if it has different formats like CD, DVD and VCR players do for different country regions.

Amherst...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

very good question Sedum

I do not believe they are as I have used forgein copies before, but that hardly makes me an expert.

England
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

Hi

Thanks for all the replies all very helpful.

Seedum

I have an american ps3 (bought on my last visit to NY last August, $399 to UK price $800 approx). To answer your question the games will play on any region. Blue ray films are a bit more problomatic, they are supposed to regionalised but most are not but as always there are one or two that are.

Cheers

Paul

10. Re: Help Required for my short trip to Boston at end of February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 08:22