We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BOston and surroundings

sonoma county
Level Contributor
151 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
BOston and surroundings

Husband and I visiting Boston March 28 through APril 4. We only have thursday and friday to visit outside of the city. We want to see the cape, but realize that the weather won't be that great yet. Any suggestions where to stay for the two days away from boston?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
776 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BOston and surroundings

I wouldn't expect any other areas to be much better/worse than the Cape at that time of year. However, you might be interested in the Lexington/Concord area for its revolutionary war history, as well as some natural attractions, such as Walden Pond. Alternatively, you might enjoy a trip to Newport, Rhode Island with all its famous mansions, or somewhere like Portsmouth, New Hampshire for its quaint, stereotypical New England feel.

By the way, Lexington/Concord is so close to Boston that you could just rent a car for the day to visit it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BOston and surroundings

You are right about the weather on The Cape.

I find Newport Rhode Island is a better take that time of year. I usually start going after St. Patrick's Day. The Mansions are always a great take and there are plenty of restaurants to choose.

Nice place to stay is Castle Hill Inn. 401-849-3800.

Nice rooms and great restaurant. Plenty of parking and right on the water. You can google it for moore info.

3. Re: BOston and surroundings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 18:18