We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

Israel
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

Hey Boston,

never been here before and I'm very excited.

heard a lot about beautiful Boston, will be here July 11-13,looked for a while for nice clean hotel in the center, could't choose so I went to Hotwire yesterday to choose for me, thru Hotwire I booked good hotel , I hope, The Westin Copley Place (109$).

Is it really good location? planning to put the car in the parking lot until the leaving day.

red a lot a bout the city, what are the must do? we only have two full days. we are heading to N.S and P.E.I

thank you in advance Boston.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

Copley Square is a great location close to plenty of shops, and restaurants. Boston is compact and easy to get around by foot and by the MBTA (public transportation). If you can avoid having the car for your stay, do so. It is expensive to park and not necessary to have while in the city.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

As Mahj indicated, Copley Square is a lovely 19th century area of Boston. The Westin Copley Place is in a combined shopping/office/hotel cmplex looking over the Square. You'll have plenty to see and do there - and you don't even have to go outside to find it. No problem with the hotel or the area. You don't have to worry tht you got a good deal.

AlanM

boston
Level Contributor
86 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

What a deal for that hotel!! It is usually way over $200/night. You will love the location and Boston is really a walking city so you really don't need a car.

It would be helpful if you shared your interests and age range so that we can help you with suggestions on where to go.

I admit my stupidity, I assume N.S. is the north shore, but I can not figure out P.E.I. other than those are the first 3 letters of my last name... I Guesss I am having a blond moment....

ciao!

Israel
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

Thank you guys, Mahj and Alam, for you input.

I don't have any choices about the car, It will be with me all the 60 days. I know that it's about 40$ per day, parking I mean.

I just want to walk in Boston to all the major places. we love walking.

Is it safe to walk at nighttime in this area?

and I would like to see the university.

Is it far? and the Duck tour as well?

Thank you again for your time.

Israel
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

Bostanlady1961,

I'm so sorry, I assumed that everybody knows.

I hope that you know how it is, when you are planning a trip and you are assuming that everyone been there or making plans too.

N.S - Nova Scotia

P.E.I - Prince Edward Island

won't make this mistake twice, again I'm sorry.

can wait to be here.

our ages very mix very my in-law 64,61 my wife 35, my baby 16 and myself 40.

my in-law don't speak English very well only basic, we are their mouth .

but sight seen will be great.

Thank very much for your time, I just love TripAdvisor.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

To answer your questions: Yes, it is safe at night. You have to use your common sense and the normal precautions you would use anywhere. Not sure which University you meant (there are literally hundreds in greater Boston), but a great area to walk and tour is Harvard Square. My favorte time is actually in the evening, so you can hear the street musicians and stroll through Harvard Yard, which is a little spooky (in a good way) at night. You need to take the subway there (Copley Square Station inbound on the Green Line to Park Street, switch to the Red Line and Harvard Square). The Duck Tour is fun. Shows some of the highlights and ends up in the Charles River. You can get tickets not far from your hotel.

AlanM

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

Hi,

You picked an excellent hotel at a great price, in a perfect location, so you should have a lot of fun.

As far as the neighborhood, think of it a bit like Avenue Ditzengoff in Tel Aviv...sidewalk cafes, lots of people on the streets, shopping, etc. You should be fine, just use the normal precautions you'd use in any large city anywhere in the world.

If you want University atmosphere, the suggestion of Harvard Sq. is a good one. Take the T there and wander around, watch the street performers and take in the sights.

As far as parking your car, if the Westin is going to charge you $40/day to park, you might want to consider parking at the Boston Common parking garage, which is only $27/day, and it's not far from the hotel, maybe a 10 minute walk. It really depends on how tight a budget you have.

Definitely make sure to walk down Newbury St. and take in all the galleries and boutiques. Also, from your hotel, you will want to check out the South End, which is the hip and trendy part of town with some of the best restaurants and night spots and shopping. It's also a very pretty part of the city, with the red brick Victorian architecture. It's definitely what most people picture Boston to look like, if they've never been here before. Just ask your Concierge to direct you to Tremont St. in the South End.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

Not far from the hotel (which you got a GREAT deal on) are the Boston Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, both worth a visit.Also,right across the street from your hotel is the Boston Public Library, beautiful architecture and interior in the oldest part of the building. All 3 places have great restaurants!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,461 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

Yes as my fellow posters stated you have a great deal at the Westin Copley and close to the Green Line & Orange Line which will take you downtown Boston and many good restraunts.

PlanetX
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just book my hotel reservation thru Hotwire...

I needed to chime in here....you got a GREAT deal on a GREAT hotel. Congratulations. Really...