We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T D Banknorth Garden

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
T D Banknorth Garden

Hi,

I am going to be going to a concert at the T D Banknorth Garden at the end of July.

Which part of Boston would be convienient for the venue and for getting about Boston as we will be coming for 5 nights?

Also, I have been looking at some hotels and they seem quite expensive at that time - is there something on the last week of July pushing prices up?

I went to Boston 2 years ago and stayed in the Omni Park House which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Thanks for any advice

sarah

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: T D Banknorth Garden

Hi,

Yeah, I just looked and your right. Everything seems to be rather expensive. I laughed when I saw the Kendall Hotel in Cambridge going for $734 a night. There must be lots of tourists heading our way this summer! I did see the Harborside Inn going for $229. It's certainly no Omni Parker but it gets pretty good reviews. It's right next to Fanueil Hall and would be a 1 mile walk or T ride up to the Garden.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: T D Banknorth Garden

Try the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill or the John Jeffries House.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: T D Banknorth Garden

Don't worry about staying very close to the Garden. It is easily accessible by subway (Green or Orange line). Just look for a hotel you like in your price range.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: T D Banknorth Garden

Hi,

You don't need to stay in the Garden area. It's easily accessible by the Green or Orange Line T and you can stay pretty much anywhere in Boston and you will be fine.

In addition to the hotels mentioned above, try the Clarion Bulfinch or the Midtown hotel.

MA Woods
Level Contributor
128 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: T D Banknorth Garden

I searched Hotwire checking in on 7/27 and checking out on 8/1. Found a 3.5 star hotel in the Back Bay for $169/night. From past experience I can tell you that it's most likely the Sheraton Boston or the Hilton Back Bay. T stops are close and you can get to the concert by using the subway. The Sheraton has a T map with directions to popular spots.

Hope this helps!

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: T D Banknorth Garden

Wow - thanks Guys - that was quick!

I will look into all of these now

Cheers Sarah

7. Re: T D Banknorth Garden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 18:20