We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to see the PATRIOTS!!

Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Going to see the PATRIOTS!!

On my around the world trip from Australia, i have bought standing room tickets to see new england play on new years day. I was wondering what is a cheap and easy way to get to the game from downtown boston (i have no car. train??) Where is the best place to watch the game from? Thanks!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to see the PATRIOTS!!

First of all - way to go! You'll have a blast.

Second of all - plan on it being bone chilling cold; that means lots of layers, a good pair of silk or capilene long underwear and sturdy shoes.

Now, for getting to the game from Boston.....if I recall, the MBTA runs special game day trains from South Station to the stadium, but I am not familiar with the schedule or where the train lets you out. Once the season begins, check the Patriots.com website. They should have further info on the wheres and hows. Also a check on the MBTA website wouldn't hurt.

GO PATS!

Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to see the PATRIOTS!!

Thanks for the response!! We are going to have a ball! Can you tell me the best place to stand and watch the game from 1.for view and 2. for not freezing.

Thanks chat soon

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to see the PATRIOTS!!

The train service to Foxboro on game days is fantastic. I've used it to attend concerts at the stadium. You're delivered right to the edge of the grounds, and don't have to sprint to not miss the return trip.

A frigid New Year's Day isn't guaranteed; this is New England, after all! But if the game turns out to be a "Snow Bowl," the density and energy of the crowd will go a long way toward helping you not notice the cold. You might even start to feel overdressed should some guys with painted bellies be holding court nearby :-)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to see the PATRIOTS!!

I would also like to read suggestions on the best places to stand during Patriots games. I'm rarely able to get seats and finally broke down and purchased standing room tickets to three games this season.