We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

I'm planning a trip to boston in August - the main page for the Red Sox says they are all sold out right into August! What's up with that? I can find some tickets online - but they want triple the price! How does a gal get some cheap seats for an afternoon game?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

All sad but true. The season is all sold out, typical for the Sox. Unfortunately, you have to pay at least double of ticket face value, and, as you've found out, triple sometimes. There are no cheap seats. But you can take tours of Fenway Park, if that works for you.

AlanM

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

i just found another thread on the same topic with some good tips...don't love baseball enough to fork over a hundred dollars on standing room only seats..(don't shoot me!) would rather enjoy a nice meal and a few beers...maybe i will just take my chances and see what i can get on the same day! Boy, our Toronto blue jays should be so lucky!

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

Keep checking online AND call the ticket office....they drop tickets all the time...

your back up plan sounds perfect enough though...head down to Fenway area, lots of bars etc...worst case is you watch on TV and hear the crowd...best case you score some tickets...there will be a crowd all around there so you can get a little bit of the atmosphere.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

All the ticket agencies have tickets..we bought some but bleacher center field for 75 EACH!!!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,304 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

ACE tickets the 'official' ticket re-seller. Many folks have success on Stubhub. Also, keep trying Red Sox website.

Boston
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

Prices are out of this world!

Best to pick a bar near the park and party with everyone else that doesn't get in and there are a lot of us.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

If you don't mind waiting in line, on game day the Red Sox box office sells some seats before game time. Not sure how early you have to line up. May be another poster knows? In any case this is a 'hit or miss' way to get tickets. If you go this route you have to wait in line, hopefully get some tickets before they run out and then go right into the park. So you have to have who your going with waiting with you. You can't take the tickets and enter later.

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

They mentioned on the Red Sox Report that the new Coca Cola section will be primarily for Game Day sales. I've noticed that there are none for sale in that section on Stubhub at any of the games I looked at so it could be true...

The Boston Red Sox and the Coca-Cola Co. unveiled the "Coca-Cola Corner," a new section of 412 seats in Fenway Park that will be topped with a large illuminated sign above the new section.

The "family friendly" section, which will include picnic tables, will be located on the State Street Pavilion upper level, near where the left-field foul line meets the Green Monster, the Red Sox said. The seats will be available at $75 each.

The section will also include space for 100 standing-room patrons at $25 per ticket.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

And it ain't just Fenway that's tough. I recently bought tickets to see the Sox play in Anaheim in July. I had to get nosebleed seats in order to get the number I needed (8) and I had to go through StubHub to get them. Angel Stadium was sold out!

If you're not that big a fan and don't mind missing the first couple of innings, wait at the will call window day of game and see what's left after the game starts. The tickets will be face value.

Chicopee...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: tickets to Sox games? what do I have to do???

They're not completely sold out, just keep checking redsox.com every so often and some will pop up. And try to go for a game during the week if you can, you'll be more likely to get a decent seat, or any seat, for that matter. Weekend day games are really tough to grab. Avoid the ticket resellers, they really aren't worth it. And don't be afraid to head down to Fenway a little before gametime for day of tickets. Last season, I showed up at Fenway for a game against... Baltimore? I think, at the start of the second inning. Picked up 2 tickets that were 5 or 6 rows directly behind home plate. For face value. My 2 friends who stayed at home that night because they thought there'd be no way I could get 4 good seats were pissed when I told them there were a total of 4 seats available in that row. The moral: don't give up.