We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant recommendation please?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
434 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant recommendation please?

Will be celebrating a big anniversary on Saturday night in Boston. We are staying at the Intercontinental. Can anyone recommend a romantic restaurant, maybe on the water somewhere?

Thanks!

ohio
Level Contributor
434 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

By the way, I'm not worried about price and we do love seafood too.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

Is your heart set on the waterfront? Unfortunately water views and great food in Boston don't really go together, in my opinion.

If not, some places I would consider worthy of a special occasion (with food to match) would be Sorrelina, No. 9 Park, Mama Maria, L'Espalier or Troquet. Reservations might be tricky at some places at this point, though.

ohio
Level Contributor
434 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

Veronica,

No water views are not necessary. Good food and a romantic quiet ambience are what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

Hi,

I recommend the Top of the Hub, www.topofthehub.net

If you do decide to reserve here, make sure you explain the ocassion and any "special" touches you may want.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

The Top of The Hub has been getting reviews lately.

9 Park is very nice.

After dinner I would suggest The Langham Hotel. The Julien Bar is very nice and has a back room to be alone. There is a great piano player here.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,511 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

I, too, like top of the Hub for special occasions.

A couple of other choices: I always feel special when we eat at the Chart House. The food is great, the service good and the building beautiful and historic - John Hancock's Old Counting House.

And the Odyssey Dinner Cruises on the Harbor.

AlanM

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

My eyes are going. the reviews are good reviews

boston, ma
Level Contributor
994 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

I second VeronicaSawyer's choices and would add Icarus to the list. Most of these restaurants will have web sites you can check to see what appeals to you. Quality Boston restaurants always have seafood on the menu so you don't necessarily have to go to a seafood place.

Another possibility if you like a sleek modern ambience is Vlora (it's Albanian). They have a fish called barbounia (a type of mullet) on the menu that is wonderful, but unfortunately is full of tiny bones. If you can deal with that, it's a great taste.

ohio
Level Contributor
434 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

Ok...I guess money will be an issue. Top of the hub menu looks waaaaaaaaaay too expensive. Any nice, quiet, romantic restaurant that won't cost me two days pay to have dinner at?

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurant recommendation please?

How much exactly do you want to spend, and what should that include (appeteizers, entrees, bottle of wine and dessert for two, or some combination thereof)?