We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonnade Hotel

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Colonnade Hotel

Hi,

I was just reading through the reviews of the Colonnade and was blown away by the AWESOME reviews it's been getting since their renovation project. I seriously couldn't find one reviewer with anything negative to say. It's had 5 star reviews since becoming the "new" Colonnade in late October and these folks haven't even had the rooftop pool to enjoy yet. Has anybody local stayed recently? I am definitely thinking of spending a weekend this summer to find out what all the "excitement" is about.

Will

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colonnade Hotel

Will,

I haven't stayed there but I spent some time in the lobby waiting for some friends to arrive so we could eat at Brasserie Jo located in the hotel.

The lobby has an old-world, old-money ambiance, and the bellman was incredibly friendly and sociable. Brasserie Jo had very nice food.

I'd stay there in a heartbeat.

PlanetX
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colonnade Hotel

My cousin stayed there recently and was quite pleased with her stay.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Colonnade Hotel

I stayed there in Sept07. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the pool is great. Discounts to Brasserie Jo, which is a must. Great location also.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Colonnade Hotel

A friend mentioned this morning that he stayed here. It was very nice and the service was the best.

east coast
Level Contributor
223 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colonnade Hotel

I would have stayed there even without the renovation project. We visited the hotel in March 2006 and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's located across the street from Cheesecake Factory and all the shops, as well as the T, and Shaw's Market. The only two downsides at that time were that the rooms seemed alot smaller then some of the other hotels (although much nicer!) and driving a minivan, I had some difficulty in using the self-parking. Part of this may have been the crowd of people staying at the hotel (prom weekend apparently), but also my own limitations of parking in city spaces with a large vehicle.

6. Re: Colonnade Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 11:23