We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
331 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

We will be staying in Braintree and want to take the train into Boston on a Saturday and Sunday. We did this several years ago and it worked out well but I can't remember exactly what we did. At the time there wasn't any problem parking at the station on the weekend. Is the parking $5 per day? Do you know how much the train costs from that station? Where do we get off downtown - can't remember. Do you buy tokens or how do you pay? If I remember right there was a machine at the station. Can you buy roundtrips or do you pay again downtown? Any help would be appreciated.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,418 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

The "T" is $2 each way. Can't really tell you what station unless we know where you are going. You now buy a "Charlie Ticket", which is for sale in the station. You can put multiple fares on it. For example, if you are going round-trip for 2 days, you can press "other Amount" and plug in $8, which will cover all your T travels.

AlanM

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

Hi,

Like Alan said, you now use a charlie ticket. It's a vending machine where you punch in how much you want on each ticket. Just be sure to take the ticket when it spits back out. Parking is still $5 at Quincy Adams.

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

The mbta website is pretty well organized. www.mbta.com. We are happy to help out with your questions but the website is also a great resource. No wories about weekend parking. There will be plenty of room. Downtown Crossing and Park Street staions are on the red line and are good central downtown locations but of course if you have a specific destination we can give you better stop locations. Be sure to pay attention as to which redline train you are taking "outbound" The redline splits in two and you will want a Quincy train. It usually says on the front of the train which line it is.

Boston
Level Contributor
185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

Sorry to correct you, BostonComputer, but FerndaleGirl would actually need a Braintree train to get back to Quincy Adams. It should say "Braintree" on the front. Just don't get on an Ashmont train, Ferndale Girl, or you'll be way off target! Other than that, great advice. You asked which station to get off downtown ... that depends on where you're going. Any more details?

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

Thanks for fixing my error. Its been a few years since I've taken that train and only a few times. I knew you had to pay attention to "something". Glad you jumped in :)

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
331 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

It has been quite a few years since we went that time but we took the harbor cruise first and that wasn't too far from the station. We spent the day going to different things and walked back to the same station. We had walked through the Italian restaurant district on the way back from the old cemetery (at least I think that is what we did) - it seems like it was fairly close to Faneuil Hall - I'm thinking Downtown Crossing or Park Street. We'll probably start off with one of the Hop On Hop Off trolleys. Would either one of those stations be good?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

You can hop off at Downtown Crossing and walk up Washington St. to Fanueil Hall or connect to the orange line and take it one stop to State St stop. Downtown Crossing would be fine to get off. You'll be a short walk from there. You can buy your tickets at Fanueil Hall for the trolley tour.

8. Re: Quincy Adams Station to downtown Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 18:17