We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Seaport Hotel

pa
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Seaport Hotel

Hello,

I have gotten some great help with dining choices from this site already. I am staying at the Seaport hotel and was wondering, could I walk from there safely to Quincey Market? I do not mind walking.

Thanks, Morwena

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

It is a very safe and nice walk. Take a right after the Northern Ave. Bridge and a left on State.

What I like to do is: before you get to the end of the bridge you will see steps leading down to The Boston Harbor Hotel. Take this and walk thru the hotel. From there the doormen will point you in the right direction.

Mentioned in this post
Boston Harbor Hotel
Boston Harbor Hotel
2,017 Reviews
Boston, MA
Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

You can walk it but it's long. I would opt for a water taxi to Rowes wharf. Check out the trasport options on the Seaport Hotel website.

seaportboston.com/SeaBos/Home/RightPage.asp…

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

I would guess about a 20 0r 25 minute walk or so.

Boston
Level Contributor
7,002 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

If you like to walk, it's not a bad walk at all.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

I strongly suggest that you do it at least once. Walk over to the new Institute of Contemporary Art museum right on the water, and from there walk along the water. Pass the fairly new (striking) federal courthouse on the water side. There is a series of outstanding historical plaques (signs, I don't know what you'd call them) with pictures and narrative about Boston and its role in maritime commerce, going way back. Then continue along the waterfront. Lovely walk.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

eileengs2, can't you get there by walking further along the waterfront, too? To me, that would be more enjoyable until the "Greenway" matures some. But I may not have my bearings right. (Feels like time to do more research now that spring is really here.)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

Morwena,

I think you would enjoy this walk. It is a safe walk. This area is not as busy as the Downtown or the Copley Area, it is a lot quieter, but there are more people out during the day then in the evening. From the Seaport Hotel go towards

The Institute of Contemporary Art then walk by the Harbor by Fan Pier, behind the Courthouse over the Pedestrian Bridge walk down a few stairs and walk behind the Boston Harbor Hotel towards the Aquarium stay on the walking path towards the harbor the entire walk You will pass Rowes Wharf and India Wharf. Enjoy the views of the Harbor and the yachts. From the Aquarium you can walk across the street to Quincy Market. An alternate return would be to walk back towards South Station go over the Moakley Bridge to the Intercontinental Hotel then back to your hotel. It is very nice harbor walk.

Mentioned in this post
Fan Pier
Fan Pier
33 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston Harbor Hotel
Boston Harbor Hotel
2,017 Reviews
Boston, MA
Quincy Market
Quincy Market
2,844 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

Hi Firewind:

I have seen the plaques you are talking about. I would spend a little time here. The walk around the court house is nice.

There are many ways to get to Quincy Market. I would probably continue along the water to the North End first. Then hit Quincy Narket on the way back.

Mentioned in this post
Quincy Market
Quincy Market
2,844 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

Yup.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Walking from Seaport Hotel

And instead of cutting thru the Hotel, you can follow the water right down to The Aquarium. I think this is what you may have been asking.