We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wayland, Ma.

York, Pa.
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wayland, Ma.

Is there a T that I can take to get to Wayland?

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wayland, Ma.

I don't think so. There used to be bus service between Worcester and Boston on Route 20 that stopped in Wayland center many years ago, but I don't think that runs anymore. In any case there's no commuter rail or busses that I can find on mbta.com.

The closest commuter rail stop might be Lincoln. I remember there was a character on the TV show "St. Elsewhere", a teenage girl who lived in Wayland, who explained to her Dad that she got home by taking the train and walking from "Lincoln Station." I always thought that was funny, because it would be a bit of a hike, although not impossible, depending on where there house was exactly.

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wayland, Ma.

Do you have someone who can pick you up?

The Framingham/Worcester line runs south of Wayland and the Fitchburgh/ So Acton line runs North of Wayland.

www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/…

www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/…

York, Pa.
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wayland, Ma.

Thank for the info, and a friend lives in Wayland that can pick me up at the closest station.I thought you can only get the train at the North or South station, but I saw one of the train stations was Back Bay; I thought that was only a " T" stop.

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wayland, Ma.

Most trains that leave South Station stop at Back Bay as their 2nd stop. Even the Amtrak lines. A few trains go straight South but most go through Back Bay.

Boston
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wayland, Ma.

The outbound Framingham/Worcester line originates in South Station, stops in Back Bay, Yawkey, Newtonville, etc. as well as in Natick which is the next town over from Wayland. Depending on where you're staying in Wayland, this might be closer than Lincoln. This is the MBTA Commuter Rail and not part of the T system.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,889 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wayland, Ma.

Just an informational note that the MBTA and "T" are synonomous (sp?). The T in MBTA is where the "T" name came from.

7. Re: Wayland, Ma.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 00:19