We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving from NY

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving from NY

Which would be better arrive by plane or train, trains is obviously longer and takes 3.40 minutes from Penn, what is the station to arrive into , i searched on the Amtrx site and it gave me a choice of three stations , i searched on the south station.

How soon do you need be at the train station to board the train.

Im thinking by the time we have left our hotel in NY crossed Ny to the airport and then check in , that will be at least 2 hours.

Also what are business class seats like on the train.

Im from the UK and have never travelled on trains in the states, so sorry if question seems stupid.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving from NY

I would do the train. On a rainy day the shuttles can easily get delayed.

You should post exactly where you are going in Boston. The Back Bay stop would be Copely, Newbury Street, South End.

South Station is for The Water Front, Financial District and Seaport Area.

I have a friend who takes the train from Penn. She is always getting there at the last minute. I would be there 30 minutes prior. I belive she goes coach and enjoys it.

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving from NY

I'm a big fan of the train because you can walk right on from Downtown to Downtown. Business class is comfortable but nothing special. I upgraded to fist class once while I was pregnant and it was awesome. (the food is free in first class so it balances out the cost if you plan on buying and over priced meal in the service car.) I wouldn't wait until the last minute to board but 30 to 20 minutes is comfortable. In NY there is a waiting room in the station for the Acela trains. The Route 128 station is in the town of Westwood, 20 minutes south of the city. Back Bay is in Back Bay and South Statin is closer to Chinatown, the financial dist and the Waterfront. There is an Acela express and an Acela regional. Express is more expensive but gets you there faster.

3. Re: Arriving from NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 03:16