We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

StubHub - Red Sox

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
StubHub - Red Sox

Have just managed to secure tickets for 2 Red Sox games at Fenwayfor my husband in June however they do not ship to the UK so have had to opt for them being sent to his hotel. He does not arrive until the Friday lunchtime with the first game that evening. Are there likely to be any problems having them delivered direct to his hotel ie. are StubHub pretty reliable/reputable? The whole purpose of his 3 day trip is to see the Red Sox at Fenway so it would be a real disaster if there were problems with the tickets!!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

Stubhub is very reputable and reliable. I used them to see a Oakland A's game the last time I was in San Francisco. They shipped the tickets safely and on time. You shouldn't have any problems.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

Just pre-arrange with somebody at the hotel so they know what it's about and find out how that is going to work.

AlanM

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

Be sure to print a hard copy of the StubHub receipt you are sent via e-mail. If your tickets aren't delivered, or something goes awry with those tickets in some way, StubHub has a guarantee that you'll need to invoke that likely will get you replacement tickets.

Lastly, ask that your tickets be shipped to the hotel in a way that has a tracking number, for example, via Federal Express. You want to be able to track the package to the hotel, so get a tracking number for the package.

Essex
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

Many thanks for your comments - feel a little happier now, I must say. Tickets are despatched via FedEx so will be able to track delivery and will let hotel know in advance but just a little worried that, as game is not til June, hotel will not misplace them in the meantime!!!!!

Carole

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
545 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

nice move...get to the ballpark (Fenway) hours ahead of time to fully gather in all the atmosphere that it has to offer. the place is a buzz of activity around the whole block. ...shutting down Yawkey Way, setting up the television stage for NESN at RemDawgs, players arriving at the park in their own vechicles (which can be very cool...a lot of pimped out Hummers) or dropped off by taxi. about a dozen or so bars (restaurants) within a few blocks. i've been to stadiums where there is nothing at all nearby, not the case here. really is an institution and hope you enjoy your stay. didn't notice in your post if you were planning on taking a tour of Fenway Park, well worth the $12.00 if you have never been. enjoy..

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

Hi,

Stubhub is very reliable. I assume you informed them not to ship the tickets until you will be there to pick them up at your hotel. Don't have them shipped now or they'll never find them by June. Make certain the package is addressed to the care of the head concierge. Enjoy the games.

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
545 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

stub hub does not have the tix.. the person selling them does. they (stubHub) just own the website and collect a fee for using their site. you (buyer) send the money to the seller or sellers account and once money is recieved the seller then Fed Ex's the tix to you or your hotel. at least thats how it worked when i bought and sold tix there.

I'm sure your hotel will hold them in their safe until you arrive...its only an envelope ...not a trunk or piece of luggage.

Essex
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

Many thanks for all your feedback/comments, much appreciated.

MrSki, yes my husband does intend to do the Fenway Park tour (may even do it twice!!) Also have picked up lots of useful tips from other posts and have discovered that if you get there early enough you can also watch batting practice plus guess he should also head for Autograph Alley.......However are there other things he should not miss as a Red Sox fan? In order to experience the 'best of both worlds' he has a Friday seat in the bleachers and a Saturday seat in Loge Box 136......are they good choices??

Have to admit am not a baseball fan myself but am almost envious not to be going as the passion Red Sox fans have for Fenway is simply amazing!!

Thanks,

Carole

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

Loge Box 136 is a fabulous section, he'll get a great view of the game.

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
545 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: StubHub - Red Sox

the park opens up 2 hours before official game time. that is also when batting practice is going on. i believe the home team goes first and then the visiting team??? not sure.

BUT, at the same time is when Yawkey Way is abuzz with activities from the vendors, "Big League Brian" the sox guy on stilts, a 3 piece band playing and just a general party feeling in the air. this is also where you have to go to enjoy a smoke (if your husband does). ... food vendors, beer (YES!) vendors...warning...its around 7.00 a beer these days. also "autograph Alley" only goes on during this time until the game starts. so much to see and do in only a 2 hour window. my suggestion is to find out who is in "Auto Alley" that day ( i believe the "Metro" newspaper has the info and they hand these out for free before the game). if its nobody you care about ...skip it and go right in to catch some BP. you can always come back out to Yawkey Way during the game but it is a walk from the bleachers.

sorry about the long rant, could go on and on but PM me if you want some more info or advice.