We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Logan Airport

EauClaire,Wisconsin
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Logan Airport

I'm seeking a hotel near the airport the night of 5/17. Price range is $200. Many of the properties are sold out. My flight leaves at 8:00am. Any suggestions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

You may be in trouble. The problem being that it's graduation weekend for many of the schools here. The city is booked beyond belief. Even the outskirts are booked now that I've looked. The Comfort Inn Saugus runs a shuttle to Logan, but they only stated that rooms "maybe" available. The Boston hotels that had some rooms left were looking for at least $500 a night. Bad weekend for looing for a room for the night. Hopefully somebody else can give you a recommendation since I can't. Best of luck.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

If none of the hotels at the airport are available, the closest one I can think of is a Holiday Inn a couple miles from the airport in Eaat Boston on the Mclellan Highway. I think they have a shuttle service to the airport. There is some cheap looking place called the Rodeway Inn in nearby Revere about three miles away. Doubt that they have shuttle service if you don't have a rental car and I'm not sure how easy it is to get public transportation from there.

There's not much in the way of accomodations in the area other than at the airport or in town Boston. You may need to look in some of the suburban areas away from the airport and plan on getting up pretty early to get your flight

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

Holiday Inn sold out. Not sure about Rodeway Inn.

PlanetX
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

You could try Priceline for a downtown hotel and figure in a cab ride early in the morning.

Did you try the Inn at Crystal Cove in Winthrop? It's a 10- Viking Cab ride from Winthrop to Logan.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

The Hilton Logan has a room for $299.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,445 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

Check out Suburban Extended Stay in Winthrop MA. It's got some good reviews here on TA and if avialable is well within your price range, although a bit off the beaten path.

If their shuttle isn't available to take you to the airport in the morning, you can arrange a trip w/ Viking Taxi. Call the day before, they'll pick you up at the designated time and have you at your airline in l5 minutes for less than $20.

If you want to taxi TO the hotel, you can take the blue line to Orient Heights and arrange for Viking to pick you p. They can even pick you up, even downtown. The Boston cabbies HATE the Winthrop trip, especially from the airport ... they consider it a 'cheap fare' and not worth their time.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

I live down the street form that extended stay hotel in Winthrop and it looks really nice on the outside. Don't know why i didn't think of that...maybe it's the "extended" stay that threw me. It's also close to the ebach....as is just about everything in Winthrop. The trip from Winthrop to the airport by taxi is only about 10 minutes and, because it's such a small town, getting a taxi in the morning is quick and easy especially if you call and order it the night before.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

I just checked Extended Stay for the poster. No go for May 17th. He could stay at the Comfort Inn Rockland if he wants a room for $159. Would have to cab it 7 miles or so to Braintree T stop and take the red line to South Station, then transfer to the Silver Line for the last leg to Logan. Doesn't that sound like fun!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

"Would have to cab it 7 miles or so to Braintree T stop and take the red line to South Station, then transfer to the Silver Line for the last leg to Logan."

I'd rather spend the night sitting in the airport terminal.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,445 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Logan Airport

Try calling some places directly, on the local line. Sometimes when there's a "big event" (graduation time, Marathon, etc) the hotels block themselves out of the chain-wide reservation systems. Also, as the date approaches, people who double booked will start cancelling and you might get lucky. Some of the smaller places may even 'wait list' you.