We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
150 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

Please help with any informations about good family friendly restaurants close (walking distance?) from Children Museum.

Hubby will host his colleagues (11 other people) for a dinner while we're in Boston for convention. And my plan was that we'll go to Children Museum on Friday late afternoon.

We'll take along our 3 & 5 yr old with us anywhere. It would be nice if the restaurant is local favorite and not a tourist trap.

Thanks a bunch!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

IndoGal,

You couldn't have picked a worse area for good family restaurant suggestions than the Children's Museum area. There's really not a whole bunch there. There's some upscale, fine dining places, a couple of cafes and then there's the Barking Crab. Some love it, some hate it. It certainly would fit the bill for the kiddies, but with 11 people, how many would all want seafood? It does have burgers, one steak dish and one chicken dish. Everything else is seafood. There is a kids menu too. It is nearby on Sleeper Street, about a 5 minute walk from the Museum. That's all I can think of myself.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

Hubby will host his colleagues translates into Anthony's Pier 4 Rest. On the water and walkable. Head down Congress past Farnsworth and left on West Service. You will come to it.

This is a big spacious place on the water. They work very well with the larger groups. Has been here at least 50 years and is operated by the original owner's sons. Many years back considered a tourist trap but I would not put that label on it now.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

I love the recommendation Eileen! Always forgetting that place for some reason. My only worry would be the kids. You won't find a kids menu there. I guess if they didn't want to chow down on steaks and seafood, they could always fill themselves on hot fudge sundaes. :-)

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

I wouldn't recommend Anthony's, personally. That place seems stuck in a time warp.

A short cab ride away is Sel De La Terre which is nice enough for adults but has a deicated kids menu as well. That would be my pick.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

Thanks Will..you are tough to keep up with, I take your compliment with a big smile.

Hi Veronica: A short cab ride and I have others I would put in front of Anthony's. The walking distance request makes it tough.

What about next to The Barking Crab? Is the Dailey Catch big enough?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

I think she's trying to avoid the cab ride. They would need a shuttle bus to get 15 people somewhere. :-)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

If you really don't want to travel outside the area, then I think that Anthony's Pier 4 is your best choice. Sure, it's not what it was in its heyday, but the food is good, the popovers and views spectacular, and they can easily handle a group that size.

AlanM

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

I agree with Anthony's Pier 4.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
150 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

Thank you so very much for suggestions!

You guys are AWESOME!

It sounds like Anthony's would be the place. I will make a reservation today.

THANKS AGAIN!

I love this forum!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Good family friendly restaurant close to Children Museum

Here's the website if you don't already have it.

http://www.pier4.com/anthonys.cfm