We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique Hotels for xmas stay

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Unique Hotels for xmas stay

Where would you recommend for a lovely stay with all the trimmings over xmas and also anywhere close to Boston, must be lux and feel xmassy.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique Hotels for xmas stay

The key at that time of year is to be close to where you want to be, as weather outside can be cold, snowy, icy, etc. So why are you here? What did you want to do? Did you come for shopping? Then the Westin or Marriott Copley Place, both located in a shopping center and attached directly to another, would make sense. Want to see Boston's history, including the Freedom Trail? Then the Omni Parker House would make sense, as it is right on the Freedom Trail and has its own history as well. Want a "buzz", be near the harbor and Quincy Market, then perhaps the Marriott Custom House. Just a few of your options, all nice hotels, by the way.......

AlanM

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unique Hotels for xmas stay

I stand by my response in your previous post: The Four Seasons.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unique Hotels for xmas stay

Thanks guys and yes i also remember you voyager were you the lady i met at chamber magic show in Ny. You have always given me great advise.

Hotels in Boston all look so lovely , so much nicer than NY and some so well priced compared to NY, im being a bit tight on this trip and want to keep the extra for shopping, however FS is on my list but saying that there are many hotels to compare , ive been looking at the Omni Parker which appears to have gone through a massive multi million refurb and prices are really cheap, but often i read rooms are small similar to NY hotels and i would like some space, my main thing is elegance and a great view if that is possible. I can pay for a larger room at the Omni for still less than 200 dollars per night

The weather , i know it will be cold but i kinda like that hense the reason for going at xmas, however how much colder is it than NY, Ny ive never had much problems with even when its been bitter with a freezing wind chill.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Unique Hotels for xmas stay

The Omni Parker House is very nice, very historic, and very convenient, but is not of the calibre of the Four Seasons. You'll pay accordingly, as you've attested. If the Four Seasons is what you're used to, you're probably not going to be happy with the Parker House.

AlanM

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unique Hotels for xmas stay

Thanks Alan , i prob wont book the FS as i think there are some good deals at other hotels and any savings i make can go on good food and shopping both are my passion.

I often find that with hotels like the FS you need to book a higher category room and that can soon add up the bill, currently booked into the Taj which seems a great upmarket chain out of FS and RC id prob go for the RC in Boston. Will prob book a few of the hotels and narrow it down nearer the time.

We are very exited about visiting , just a shame we cant explore a bit more of new england because of the possible bad weather, we are from the uk and the driving scares us a bit, not fast but too many lanes and if weather is bad what would we do if we got stuck as not used to that much snow.

We shall arrive from new york by train and depart by plane.

The purpose of going to new york first is to go to gordon ramseys resturant.

A big thanks so far for all the help.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Unique Hotels for xmas stay

Hi,

I would also suggest keeping the Lenox and Jurys Hotels on your short list.

7. Re: Unique Hotels for xmas stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 17:19