We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Boston to Marthas Vineyard

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Boston to Marthas Vineyard

I'm going to be staying in Boston (Juries) and am wondering if it possible to have a day trip to Marthas Vineyard, without going on trains/buses all day. So far from what I've seen I have not found a way to do it where that's convenient enough. Is there there any direct route to the ferry that's reasonably quick?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Boston to Marthas Vineyard

Depends, I guess, on how you define all day. The trip to Falmouth will take about an hour and a half each way. Then you have to wait for the ferry, at least half an hour each way. Then take the ferry, about 45 minutes each way. That's about 6 hours of travel time. Is that all day for you?

You could go to Rockport instead. It's about an hour each way on the commuter rail.

AlanM

boston, ma
Level Contributor
989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Boston to Marthas Vineyard

The only fast way to Martha's Vineyard is by air and it's very expensive. Check with Cape Air for schedules.

3. Re: Getting from Boston to Marthas Vineyard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 04:20