We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

I'm looking on Stubhub.com for Red Sox tickets. I just want to get in the ballpark, so I'm fine buying SRO tickets (and they're the cheapest). However, when looking up SRO tickets, for the "row" category, some tickets say GA (for General Admission), while others say 1B or 3B something something. I'm assuming that means 1B or 3B pavillion, whereever that is. However, I would think GA would allow me to go everywhere in the ballpark (except for the Green Monster section, which if I'm correct, there's another set of tickets to get in there). Can someone help explain what access in the ballpark I have if I have an SRO ticket and what the ticket sellers mean in the "row" category on StubHub? Your input appreciated. Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

"1B" and "3B" refers to the first base and third base sides, respectively. You were right about GA-- it gives you access to the entire ballpark, except Green Monster seats. They sell a small number of SRO Monster seats on game day, but they're expensive, and tough to come by.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

Believe it or not there are different levels of standing room only -- the one commonality is you stand! First, regular old standing room ($20) puts you in the grandstands whereever you find a designated spot; next, pavillion sro -- ($25) this is along the first base side or third base side - they regulate who goes up to this area; third - monster sro -- ($30) - also an area that is regulated as far as entrance; and last right field roof deck ($30) -- higher up in the park. If I had to choose out of all of them, I'd go for the pavillion SRO but not if it means paying an excessive amount. Your plan just to get in the park is a good one and then you can certainly move around.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

Pavilion SRO would be great, terrific views.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

OK, thanks for the clarification. However, I'm still a little confused and have some more questions. Where exactly is the 1B and 3B Pavillion? Is that on another level other than the main level of the ballpark? Are they somehow separated? Because I'm still wondering if I have a GA SRO ticket, why can't I just walk into the 1B and 3B Pavillion? (I know someone answered this in an earlier post, but I'd like some clarification why not.) And if I have a GA SRO ticket, are there only designated spots to stand? If I have a 1B or 3B Pavillion SRO ticket, does that mean I have 1B and 3B Pavillion access, but access to the rest of the ballpark also (except the Green Monster section)? And does the 1B and 3B Pavillion SRO areas have a lot better views than the GA SRO areas? It seems like people are recommending it, so how come? Sorry for all the questions, but SRO at Fenway is a lot more confusing than SRO at any other ballpark I've been to. Your input is appreciated. Thanks.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

I can not answer all your questions.

I had third base pavilion CLUB seats last year (they were so awesome I got another pair for this year).

If you look at a chart of Fenway Park you will see the Pavilion and Pavilion Club areas are up high, they run along first base and third base. Behind Home Plate is called the Home Plate Club.

To get to the pavilion areas you go up a special elevator/entrance...and they check your tickets so non-pavilion people do not enter there. So it is not just the Green Monster you can't access with GA...you also can't access the pavilion level as I understand things (if I am wrong, someone please correct me).

There are certain areas in the pavilion area (not pavilion club) designated as SRO. I think you have to jockey for a position. Some people who had SRO wandered around and found empty seats in my section and saw most of the game from there.) They were very discreet...I admire their spirit. So..if you are enterprising...

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

Tried posting an answer and it got lost so here's round two.

Where exactly is the 1B and 3B Pavillion? Pavillion is on a level higher up than the grandstands. Picture a balcony in the theater but higher.

Is that on another level other than the main level of the ballpark? Yes.

Are they somehow separated? Because I'm still wondering if I have a GA SRO ticket, why can't I just walk into the 1B and 3B Pavillion? (I know someone answered this in an earlier post, but I'd like some clarification why not.) Yes, by elevator, stairs, and personnel who will stop you from going to that area unless you have the correct tickets.

And if I have a GA SRO ticket, are there only designated spots to stand? Yes in the grandstands behind the last row of seats. Walkways are marked with white paint to show you where it is ok and not

If I have a 1B or 3B Pavillion SRO ticket, does that mean I have 1B and 3B Pavillion access, but access to the rest of the ballpark also (except the Green Monster section)? Yes, with the exception of trying to head down to seats closer to the field (field boxes etc. ) Those are monitored by personnel who will stop you from going there

And does the 1B and 3B Pavillion SRO areas have a lot better views than the GA SRO areas? It seems like people are recommending it, so how come? Only experienced it when i took a tour. Nice clear view. My daughter who did have SRO Pavillion said she liked the view, it wasn't craxy crowded and they have a ledge up there where you can rest your drinks.

Sorry for all the questions, but SRO at Fenway is a lot more confusing than SRO at any other ballpark I've been to. Your input is appreciated. Thanks. Hope this helps and hope it gets posted this time!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

P.S. to get a ballpark (excuse the pun) idea of seats and view go to the red sox website and click on seating. they have photos posted. I will add a caveat here that some of those photos are conveniently edited (i.e. poles and such). Another website to check out fan photos from the park is fenwaydata.com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

All right, thanks for input and clarification.

9. Re: Buying Standing-Room-Only (SRO) Red Sox Tickets...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 00:20