We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August hotel deals?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
baltimore
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
August hotel deals?

Does anyone have any tips on current/upcoming hotels deals? I am planning on being in Boston from 8/2-8/4 and the hotels I think are pretty highly priced. $240+ I realize the Sox are at home which is having an impact on prices. I would like to stay in the backbay if possible. I would greatly appreciate if any one has any discount codes or special sites to look on rather than the typical search engines.

Thank you!!

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August hotel deals?

I always keep my eyes on travelzoo. There doesn't seem to be anything posted for your dates right now but they are always scouring for good deals and things change daily.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: August hotel deals?

Did you try Priceline?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August hotel deals?

I second the suggestion for travelzoo. Sign up for their email that comes out every Wednesday. In the past, I've seen terrific deals... even used some of them to have a night out in town, even though I live only 30 miles away! Got a room at Nine Zero for $99 to see Barbra Streisand, another time, got $99 room at the Hyatt in Cambridge. The Fairmont Copley has been known to be listed there occasionally, too.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August hotel deals?

PS - Be careful about getting a bargain rate at hotel that advertises as being adjacent to Fenway Park (if that's your destination)... unless you don't mind less than beautiful surroundings.

Something like the Midtown might suite you if you have a car. It's very basic, but the location is convenient and they have their own parking lot, which as far as I know, is still free.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,511 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: August hotel deals?

The Midtown has been charging for parking for many years now. Last I remember, it was like $14.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: August hotel deals?

Sorry for the mis-info...

It doesn't surprise me the Midtown charges now... I think they were the last in town to have free parking.

Obviously it's been awhile since I stayed there

7. Re: August hotel deals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 15:16